ADVERTISEMENT

OT Have we improved SEC level ability with this class - Offense

ejsHawg

Starter
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2004
Here are my thoughts regarding this recruiting class, as well as a initial grade on did we add SEC level ability. This posts is the Offense.

QB: Daulton is Pro-style & fits the system CBB and CDE want to run. Good height, and very solid arm. I do think we added an SEC level kid here that will provide good depth behind Allen, Kelly. SEC Position Grade: B

RB: Williams and Hayden are both incredibly solid backs. Williams brings size and Hayden brings more speed. I think we added 2 SEC level kids here. When you combine with RW3, Whaley and Hammonds, the depth is just incredible with these 5 kids. SEC Position Grade: A

WR: Nance, Jackson, Martin, Barkley, Barnes and Warren are 6 guys with a lot of different skills. There is size, speed and combo of both. Combine these 6 with Pettway, Stewart, McClure, Jones, Botang and JRed there are plenty of options. Martin and Barkley appear to be difference makers and will more than likely contribute. Of the 6 there are few definite SEC level kids and a couple of unknowns in my book. SEC Position Grade: A-

OL: Adcock, Clenin and Wagner are excellent looking linemen. Adcock and Clenin had okay offers, and Wagner had solid offers. I will say they do look the part (Big, athletic, not dumpy). The issue here is simple - not enough quantity. Really needed 2 more OL in this class IMO. SEC Position Grade: C-

TE: Patton. Here comes the general. Needed to add another playmaker here and bingo. Signed #1 TE in the nation. SEC Position Grade: A+

Overall, I would say that the offensive side of the ball has done a very nice job of adding SEC level talent, especially at the skill positions. There appears to be more speed. The lone spot in question is the OL. Personally, I would love to take another OL if it's someone who is solid. SEC Offense Grade: B because OL brings it down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News