ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting HawgBeat Big Board Notebook: July 6, 2020

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/hawgbeat-2021-target-big-board

A little offer numbers update: Arkansas has offered 270 prospects with just 107 left undecided through today, July 6. The Hogs have roughly 10 more spots to fill so i'm sure more offers will go out. 57 of the targets left are 3-stars currently, only 38 4-stars.

There were a ton of commitments this weekend, luckily Arkansas kicked it off with a bang landing LB Chris Paul on Thursday, so there was less sting losing QB Landon Rogers on the 4th. Due to the decommitment and tons of schools gaining new ones, the class has fallen back down to No.40 in the nation.

Speaking of commitments, Frisco DB Chase Lowery is making an announcement on Thursday and the commits certainly think he'll be picking the Hogs over Texas Tech, Purdue, SDSU, Michigan State, Oregon State, Pitt and Memphis.

ICYMI, Arkansas made the top five for 4-star IMG corner Markevious Brown who says he really loves his relationship with Coach Carter. Because of visits, I think Miami holds the lead but I think he'll wait it out until he can take more visits to make a decision.

The Hogs made the top 12 for a 2022 DB target yesterday too. A very stacked list for Bobby Taylor out of Katy.

Off the board: WR Ahmari Huggins-Bruce to Louisville, LB Martez Thrower to Kentucky and RB Caleb Berry to Washington.
On the board: I added Michigan defensive end Ru'Quan Buckley who the Hogs offered last week. There hasn't been much movement with any defensive ends so figured it wouldn't hurt to add him.

RB Cam'Ron Valdez announced this weekend he's making some kind of announcement on 7/10. Either another top list or a commitment. If it's a commitment, only signs point to Texas Tech at this point.

If the Razorbacks are looking to replace Landon Rogers in the class, the only QBs I can see interest in at this moment are UNT pro-style commit Bryce Drummond and Missouri pro-style QB Conrad Hawley. Kendal Briles follows them both. Perhaps more targets will pop up.

Questions? LMK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News