ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting HawgBeat Big Board Notebook: June 2, 2020

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/hawgbeat-2021-target-big-board

Arkansas had three players come off the big board over the past week. First, Indy CC linebacker Joko Willis from Troup HS. Kentucky made him a priority and it worked out for them. Arkansas offered Kevon "KJ" Cloyd from Jones County before Joko committed so I assume they heard it was happening from the Troup HC. I talked to Glisson (Troup HC) and he made it sound like Arkansas may still get a visit later on for a chance to flip but Willis is set for now. Cloyd has offers from Arizona, ECU, Arkansas State and a few more small programs, so it seems like there's a good shot to land early.

Jordan Eubanks was one they really liked as a hybrid LB/safety but he picked Florida State over Arkansas, Michigan State, Arizona, Colorado and Pitt. Arkansas and Florida State offered the same day in April.

Also coming off the board from the JUCO ranks, Jadarrius Perkins from Gulf Coast CC. Perkins said Oregon was his dream school, so it was no surprise he committed shortly after they offered. I'm going to add Kani Walker in his place on the board since Chad Simmons chatted with him and it sounds like the Hogs are starting to recruit him pretty hard.

Maxwell Hairston is announcing his decision tomorrow and he has a singular FutureCast pick in for Kansas. I don't think Hairston has been a major priority for the Hogs.

Posted elsewhere but Raheim "Rocket" Sanders is announcing June 8. I'm expecting it to be Arkansas unless something changes between now and then. If Jaedon jumps on board today like he's anticipated to, that's two WRs in the class relatively early. That could help Arkansas land Ketron Jackson if they put some heat on him. Hogs will definitely take at least 3, maybe 4 if there's room. Jackson's announcing his top 7 June 3.

Arkansas did a virtual visit with QB Lucas Coley yesterday and he hasn't gotten back to me about how it went yet but clearly interest is still high on both sides. Coley said "leme know where we're going" to Jaedon Wilson's commitment date announcement.

Arkansas also made the top 10 for in-state tight end Erin Outley this weekend with Oregon, LSU, Penn State, MIchigan, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, A&M and FSU. I wanna do some digging around to see how big a priority Outley is with these other programs. Outley usually says the same thing, that he's waiting to take visits to figure things out, so i'd expect the same answer if I asked him today.

Got questions? Shoot em to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.