ADVERTISEMENT

HawgBeat's Weekly Recruiting Thread (July 1-7, 2024)

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
Welcome to another week here on HawgBeat.com! We are continuing our weekly recruiting thread, which we will try to fill with recruiting news for all three sports throughout the week. The goal of this thread is to eliminate all of the little update threads for recruiting tidbits and have it all in one spot to make it easier to navigate the board!

-------------

ICYMI on Sunday:

2026 four-star OL Bear McWhorter de-commits: This was a tough one, as you might remember McWhorter putting up a billboard words "Coach Pittman, I want to be a Hog" back in 2021, but he backed off his pledge Sunday. I would guess West Virginia here, as his cousin Brodie McWhorter, a 2026 four-star QB, recently committed there.

Rhode Island transfer infielder Michael Anderson commits to Arkansas: Last season, the 6-foot-3, 227-pounder slashed .252/.411/.574 with 13 home runs and a team-best 41 RBIs. Anderson is currently playing for the Harwich Mariners in the Cape Cod Baseball League, where he's hitting .385 batting average in 39 at-bats.

2025 three-star offensive lineman Lionel Prudhomme Jr. has Arkansas in his final six schools and he's set a commitment date for July 26.

On Arkansas: "My relationship with the coaches from Arkansas is great. Coach (Sam) Pittman and Coach (Eric) Mateos are always texting and calling me and just checking up on me."

From Rivals' Sam Spiegelman: "The Razorbacks and (Mississippi State) Bulldogs have been two of the teams trending at the top with Prudhomme for the length of the off-season. This battle should turn up even more ahead of his reveal later this month."

2025 four-star WR Kelshaun Johnson out of Hitchcock, Texas, has Arkansas in his final five schools. He's also considering Texas, Texas A&M, USC and Texas Tech. Commitment date set for July 8 at 4:15 p.m. CT.

Reactions: cfcjr50
Another LR Parkview product has Arkansas in his final schools list. Three-star RB Cam Settles also considering Memphis, Missouri, Arkansas State and Yale.

Gabe from PowerMizzou says three-star OT Keiton Jones out of Coffeyville, Kansas, will be announcing his decision Sunday at 3. Jones visited Arkansas the weekend of June 15-16. He also took visits to Kansas State and Missouri.

IMG_8404.jpg

From the last two days

--------------

MONDAY

Arkansas lands East Carolina transfer pitcher: LHP Zach Root, who finished the 2024 season with a 3.56 ERA in 68.1 innings. In 13 appearances and 12 starts, the Florida native struck out 76 batters, walked 21 hitters and held opponents to a .228 batting average.

-------------

TUESDAY

OF Will Edmunson hits the portal: The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder played in 39 games for the Razorbacks in 2024 and slashed .241/.362/.333 with one home run, five doubles and 10 RBI in 87 at bats.

LHP Adam Hachman to transfer: A product of Timberland High School in Wentzville, Missouri, Hachman was Perfect Game’s No. 1 overall player in the state of Missouri for the 2023 class. He did not pitch as a freshman this spring.

Four-star LB Tavion Wallace surprises everyone by committing to Arkansas: The Jesup, Georgia, native is one of the best linebackers in the country in the 2025 class. Rivals currently ranks him No. 12 at his position nationally. Following the commitment, Wallace is the highest-rated commitment in the Razorbacks' 2025 class, currently sitting at No. 179 in the country, according to Rivals.

In-state 4-star safety Omarion Robinson is announcing his commitment today. Arkansas, Oklahoma and Oregon all vying for his pledge. Seems like the momentum is with the Sooners.

Reactions: cfcjr50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT