ADVERTISEMENT

Football Heisman talk

NWAHutch

Hall of Fame
Staff
Apr 30, 2018
As y’all know, I have a Heisman vote. I have to submit my ballot by Monday and I’m having a hard time settling on my first-, second- and third-place votes. So I figured I’d ask the Bert for help. Give me an argument on who you think should win + who else should get votes.

A couple of weeks ago, I was pretty settled on Kyle Trask. But he crapped the bed vs. LSU and had another critical turnover in the SECCG (but did put up big numbers).

I’m really considering DeVonta Smith. He’s put up video game numbers all year and also had the punt return vs. Arkansas. I think he has been a reason why Mac Jones has looked so good this year.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with Mac against Arkansas, but it’s hard to deny his numbers this year. And then there’s Najee Harris, who was a beast tonight and always seems to get an extra yard or two.

Trevor Lawrence might be deserving of a vote. He’s been great again this year and if I gave him a third-place vote, it’d be kind of a career deal. Plus he did everything he could to save the season this year, even organizing with players across all the conferences - that’s gotta count for something. Justin Fields has also been great - I just wish we got to see more of him.

What do y’all think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News