ADVERTISEMENT

Highest point conceded in a seson by the Hogs.

Data warehouse hasn’t updated the 2017 season. I’m going to guess probably not. Maybe top 5 though. From the BP era forward the HOGS have had some bad defenses. They have given up a lot of points. Add in the new offenses, in CFB over the past 10 years and the HOGS have not done well. They have not kept up. Our best years the last dozen or so, have been winning the shootout games. I will say one of the Matt Jones years with the high scoring OT games will claim the most points given up. And probably most points scored. I know HDN is number one in points scored in a season.

Points are too easy to come by in multiple OT games, so shouldn't really count them.
Back in 2005 they gave up 70 to USC with no string of OTs needed.
Of course the most ever given up in a game was in a 1918 loss to Oklahoma by a score of 103-0.

Points are too easy to come by in multiple OT games, so shouldn't really count them.
Back in 2005 they gave up 70 to USC with no string of OTs needed.
Of course the most ever given up in a game was in a 1918 loss to Oklahoma by a score of 103-0.
I have looked it up. The second highest points given up that year was 34 against Auburn. 2005, total points scored on us was ONLY 271 in 11 games. 24.6 per game.

This is what I have found out. Since can't remember all the scores I had to create a table (excel sheet).

2008 12 games defense gave up 374 points. 31 points average. Long Horns 52, Bama 49, Gators 38.

2012 12 games (John L Smith) defense gave up 365 points. A&M 58, Bama 52, Miss St. 45, S Carolina 38, Rutgers 35, ULM 34.

2013 12 games Brett's 1st year (3 wins) points given up 369. Bama 52, S Carolina 52, A&M 45.

2017 indeed was the highest points given up by the razorbacks. That is why, even though I was a Brett believer I could not justify his stay for another year. It would have been same horrifying defense.

The defense gave up a whooping 434 points. Averaging 36+ points. The year before in 13 games we gave up 404 points and thought the defense was bad then. The switch to 3-4 defense backfired big time.

AND he was suppose to be a defensive coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT