ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter's Decision

Jan 6, 2016
Based on his decisions regarding the MBB HC position, I will trust AD HY decisions related to the FB coaching staff.

If he decides CM should have 1 more year, I am confident the conditions of such will be significant and improvement objectives clearly defined. And I think HY's conditions would require staff & process changes.

If he decides a HC change is needed, I think he will make a good choice based on what he believes is best for the program and he will not be overly influenced by donors, boosters, etc. Unless WKU wins Saturday, I think HY will wait until after Mizzu game.

I do not think HC buyout is an obstacle since continuing down this path will cost the program more $ than the buyout. @NWAHutch wrote an excellent article on the buyout. https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/understanding-chad-morris-buyout

My biggest concern is that the time frame of this decision is significantly more tight as compared to the MBB HC if he things a FB HC change is needed.

With an early signing dates of Dec 19-21, a new HC should be hired ASAP after completion of the season. Any delay will impact recruiting. A delay will provide one more obstacle for a new HC to overcome thereby delaying the Razorbacks meaningful return to SEC FB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News