ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical football game.

ronron06

Starter
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2007
Maumelle
If you could bring back 3 offensive players from last years team, who do you bring back?

Out of:

Mitch Smothers
Denver Kirkland
Sebastian Tretola
Hunter Henry
Brandon Allen
Alex Collins
Jonathan Williams

I think I would go with:

Tretola - gotta bring back the best olinemen from the sec last year. No brainer IMO.

Collins - 3 straight 1000 yard seasons...why yes I'll take a 4th!

Brandon Allen - 2nd half of season he was elite. An expierienced and talented signal callers value is unprecedented.

Not saying I'm right. Just probably what I would do.

If you could bring back 3 offensive players from last years team, who do you bring back?

Out of:

Mitch Smothers
Denver Kirkland
Sebastian Tretola
Hunter Henry
Brandon Allen
Alex Collins
Jonathan Williams

I think I would go with:

Tretola - gotta bring back the best olinemen from the sec last year. No brainer IMO.

Brandon Allen - 2nd half of season he was elite. An expierienced and talented signal callers value is unprecedented.

This is too easy. Why don't you make it 3 players on defense and 3 on offense from last 5 years.

Out of:

Mitch Smothers
Denver Kirkland
Sebastian Tretola
Hunter Henry
Brandon Allen
Alex Collins
Jonathan Williams

I think I would go with:

Tretola, Smothers, Kirkland.

Tretola overrated? Ha, if anything he was underrated.

Brandon Allen may be the most underrated Razorback ever. I have a feeling we are going to miss him dearly.

I'll go those two and Hunter. Hunter was underutilized and so clutch. I'd have to look but how many of his catches were 3rd downs? And those that weren't, so clutch. I feel like every catch he made was huge. His blocking wasn't the greatest, but as a playmaker and a reliable threat, you're hard pressed to find someone better than him. Sprinkle isn't the route runner or the hands Hunter was. We are going to miss his gamer attitude and ability. And he and BA fed off each other.

Really hard to leave Alex off this list but the above three are who I'm going with.

Reactions: ronron06
Tretola ='s overrated
You don't win sec olinemen of the year if your not very good. Just saying. He is in no way overated. He is a 3-4 round pick. Not like they are saying he is a top 2 round pick. If anything he is slightly underrated. He was the best lineman on a damn good line last year.

This is too easy. Why don't you make it 3 players on defense and 3 on offense from last 5 years.
Haha well shit I guess start a new thread for that one. I was just asking. You didn't even answer bruh. It's so easy right? So who ya got?

I'm guessing he's a hunter?

I think you mean animal killer, contrary to what you have been told, our species are not superior to other living animals and not sure what bigot told you differently. Humans are the only animal on the planet that kill for entertainment. Most humans will not accept evolution even though it is no longer up for debate.

Most animal killers still have this false suggestion that they have the right to kill other living things, reminds me white people having the same sense of entitlement not long ago :)

Human's moral compass is relative, some of our species are too ignorant to know you're ignorant

Its 2016, think we can drop the ole mighty hunter phrase.

Last edited:
You don't win sec olinemen of the year if your not very good. Just saying. He is in no way overated. He is a 3-4 round pick. Not like they are saying he is a top 2 round pick. If anything he is slightly underrated. He was the best lineman on a damn good line last year.

Fair assessment. Finished watching him get abused in the ole miss game a few hours before I posted. Probably got a little carried away with the overrated

I think you mean animal killer, contrary to what you have been told, our species are not superior to other living animals and not sure what bigot told you differently. Humans are the only animal on the planet that kill for entertainment. Most humans will not accept evolution even though it is no longer up for debate.

Most animal killers still have this false suggestion that they have the right to kill other living things, reminds me white people having the same sense of entitlement not long ago :)

Human's moral compass is relative, some of our species are too ignorant to know you're ignorant

I'm not a hunter. Just wanted to rustle your jimmies. It worked.

Reactions: SitDownSon
I'm not a hunter. Just wanted to rustle your jimmies. It worked.

Understood that its difficult to measure emotional status on a computer, I rarely get angry or upset about anything. It would take a substantial amount of ignorance from an individual to "rustle my jimmies". Not suggesting you're ignorant, just making a general statement. It is nice to know you don't kill animals. Go down to the shelter and get you a cat today and make a difference in its life :)

Fair assessment. Finished watching him get abused in the ole miss game a few hours before I posted. Probably got a little carried away with the overrated
Nkimdeche did do work on him that game. I do agree with that. I watched that game last night randomly and noticed him getting beat quite a few times

Allen
Tretola
Kirkland

2 thin on o-line this year 2 pass up bringing both those studs back.

Just because I'd like to see a highly producing player actually finish their eligibility at the UofA, I'll say Kirkland (should have stayed, for sure), Henry (good decision to go), and either Collins or Williams (both probably made a good decision).

I have always played the what-if game, and it's frustrating. But imagine playing this game after last year. Had Philon come back for his RS Jr. year and Spaight and Tevin Mitchel RS'ed when they could have the year before, the D this year would have been pretty dang good on all 3 levels. Would've probably been good for 2 more wins in '15.

BA, ST and HH. If Brandon performed all season like the last half that would be scary good.

Out of:

Mitch Smothers
Denver Kirkland
Sebastian Tretola
Hunter Henry
Brandon Allen
Alex Collins
Jonathan Williams

I think I would go with:

Allen- nothing beats experienced QB play.
Tretola and Kirkland- because we are razor thin on the OL.
Who's the best player? HH

Id say we are superior to other living animals seeing as our brainpower has allowed a species with no natural defenses to rise to the top of the food chain with no natural predators. Also not the only animals that kill for entertainment. You ever seen a dog kill a cat just because it could? Not because it needed to eat? That sounds like sport to me...

In the animal kingdom there are no rights...

But hey youre superior to the rest of us...

Reactions: SitDownSon
Id say we are superior to other living animals seeing as our brainpower has allowed a species with no natural defenses to rise to the top of the food chain with no natural predators. Also not the only animals that kill for entertainment. You ever seen a dog kill a cat just because it could? Not because it needed to eat? That sounds like sport to me...

In the animal kingdom there are no rights...

But hey youre superior to the rest of us...

Humans have above average intelligence, cheetahs have above average speed. Dogs have above average smell etc..etc..etc... Suggesting that the human animal is superior to other animals is clearly something made up.

Our specie is not even in the top 10 in reference to the food chain. Drop yourself in the jungle or ocean and use your superiority to think your way out of it. Ignorance is the absent's of knowledge, I suggest you do more research.

Dogs do not kill for entertainment, ironically, cats are the other animal that has been suggested to do so but this can't be confirmed so I didn't mention them, unfortunately, you're not as special as u thought

You are untitled to your own opinion but you're not untitled to your own facts.

oh for the love of god.....

Reactions: jackrob3
Humans have above average intelligence, cheetahs have above average speed. Dogs have above average smell etc..etc..etc... Suggesting that the human animal is superior to other animals is clearly something made up.

Our specie is not even in the top 10 in reference to the food chain. Drop yourself in the jungle or ocean and use your superiority to think your way out of it. Ignorance is the absent's of knowledge, I suggest you do more research.

Dogs do not kill for entertainment, ironically, cats are the other animal that has been suggested to do so but this can't be confirmed so I didn't mention them, unfortunately, you're not as special as u thought

lol when you don't know the difference between "untitled" and "entitled", it's hard to take your opinion on human intelligence seriously. And "absent's"? Seriously?

lol when you don't know the difference between "untitled" and "entitled", it's hard to take your opinion on human intelligence seriously. And "absent's"? Seriously?

I'm on a phone and don't proof read any of my post. I let the grammar police spwnd time doing it What are u mad about? Do u not like facts or something?

I'm on a phone and don't proof read any of my post. I let the grammar police spwnd time doing it What are u mad about? Do u not like facts or something?
No I love facts. Facts like "humans are the ultimate apex predator on earth"

If we're not in the top 10 on the food chain, then how are we driving several species in that top 10 to the brink of extinction? I mean if humans are wiping out entire races of animals, we must be higher on the food chain than everything we're killing off. I mean that's just basic logic.

Drop me butt naked in the serengheti and I won't last very long. But that's not human's strength. Drop me in their with a hunting crew and a bunch of HUMAN inventions and we'll wipe out every predator we can get a scope on. That's what being higher on the food chain means. If Tigers were higher on the food chain than us, they would be thriving over us, instead of needing our actual protection and preservation to continue surviving.

And do you know what they need protection and preservation from so that they won't go extinct? Other humans. Because we're higher on the food chain. Lions don't need protection from zebras. Orcas don't need protection from seals to keep surviving. Look at the animals on the endangered species list. Polar Bears. Orcas. Siberian Tigers. Elephants. The biggest, most powerful and dangerous wild animals on the planet are being driven to the point of extinction, and it's not by some creature that is lower than them on the food chain. I mean this is really basic stuff here

I mean we're actually causing major climate changes that are negatively effecting the very planet that we live on. How in the world can an intelligent human being believe we aren't at the top of the food chain?

Last edited:
No I love facts. Facts like "humans are the ultimate apex predator on earth"

If we're not in the top 10 on the food chain, then how are we driving several species in that top 10 to the brink of extinction? I mean if humans are wiping out entire races of animals, we must be higher on the food chain than everything we're killing off. I mean that's just basic logic.

Drop me butt naked in the serengheti and I won't last very long. But that's not human's strength. Drop me in their with a hunting crew and a bunch of HUMAN inventions and we'll wipe out every predator we can get a scope on. That's what being higher on the food chain means. If Tigers were higher on the food chain than us, they would be thriving over us, instead of needing our actual protection and preservation to continue surviving.

And do you know what they need protection and preservation from so that they won't go extinct? Other humans. Because we're higher on the food chain. Lions don't need protection from zebras. Orcas don't need protection from seals to keep surviving. Look at the animals on the endangered species list. Polar Bears. Orcas. Siberian Tigers. Elephants. The biggest, most powerful and dangerous wild animals on the planet are being driven to the point of extinction, and it's not by some creature that is lower than them on the food chain. I mean this is really basic stuff here

I mean we're actually causing major climate changes that are negatively effecting the very planet that we live on. How in the world can an intelligent human being believe we aren't at the top of the food chain?

Humans have indeed gained a competitive advantage and using situational circumstances is nonsense. Drop your hunting crew in with 100 Lions and you lose, then you can comeback and say that you could bring more hunters or this/that and so on...its a silly argument that doesn't have an end result, of course if you have an advantage you will most likely prevail and if you don't then you lose. Whatever the case...we can both make up situational circumstances to gain a competitive advantage on both sides which makes the argument never ending. You got way off point with your post

The argument was in reference to humans being Superior over other living animals rather than one animal having a competitive advantage over another ( there is a difference btw ) and sense you're into facts then I assume you agree with evolution. If you're indeed suggesting that a competitive advantage equals superiority over other animals, this would suggest your life is superior because of it this advantage or less important pending circumstances

On the contrary, I hate the be the messenger of bad news but you're not a special snowflake, your life and the "human animal" is not more important than a deer's life, another humans life, your dogs life, dolphins life or any other animals that's put on this planet. We all have as much right to live, breath and enjoy our lives under the same sky. Just out of curiosity, what makes you believe you have more of a right to live than a deer? Is it because you can which makes you believe its ok to do so? I really would like to know the answer to this question

Being able to kill another living animal doesn't make your life more important than the animals ( not sure where you learned this ) and another animal being able to kill you doesn't make its life more important than yours either

I agree we have no natural defenses but thanks to our advanced intelligence (not above average) we are able to bridge the gap with tools (weapons) that make us superior to all other animals. We are the dominant species on this planet. Plenty of people drop themselves in the jungle and or ocean and do just fine. Even better than fine. They are able to kill other animals with little effort. I'm not saying its ok to kill lions, tigers, and elephants just for fun. I'm just saying that its clear we are the dominant species on this planet and therefor we are superior to all others. The fact that we have little to no natural defenses and are able to use our intelligence to become the dominant species on earth just supports my point.

su·pe·ri·or
səˈpirēər/
adjective
adjective: superior
  1. 1.
    higher in rank, status, or quality.
Unless if you want to ignore our language (which humans are the only animals that have advanced languages for communication) then I suggest you do more research on it. By definition we are SUPERIOR to all other animals. We are by definition SUPERIOR to all other animals.

The only special one is you. Special Ed.

You know plants are species to right? I'm guessing you eat plants. Fish? Meat in general? Maybe we would should all just hold hands and start singing kum by yah around a tree until we starve to death. Think about it. That way you can feel better about yourself as we pass and none of us will have to listen to your opinions anymore.

While you guys argue, I've more important stuff to do. Like go to a pre-construction meeting so the head deer can explain my new project for me. He's very particular that we build everything exactly how he's designed. I'm catching a ride with my buddy the turtle. He just got a new car, and he's the best driver I've ever seen. BTW, did you see that catfish are now traveling into outer space?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT