ADVERTISEMENT

I don't have a warm and fuzzy about the Missouri game.

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
I have a feeling Arkansas is going to be missing a couple/few key players. CBB won't say until they don't come into the game. Say what you want about MIssouri, but they are a complete team. They keep winning because other SEC teams don't respect and overlooks them. If all things are even I think Arkansas wins a close game in Missouri and blows them out at Arkansas. Problem is I don't think all things are even. i believe this is a 50/50 game because the pressure is on Missouri. If our whole team is good to go, HOGS by 3. If BA is hurt and CBB plays him Missouri by 2+ scores. Look for Arkansas to try to stop the run and get Mauk out of the pocket to pass on the run. Look for Arkansas to keep running hoping it will start to produce big chunks in the second half. Arkansas 31 Missouri 28. If BA plays hurt Missouri 38 Arkansas 16.

The bold prediction meter scores this out as "not bold", because no matter what happens in the game you have something to point to in order to claim you were right.

I think it is a lot simpler than you make it. The team with the fewest turnovers wins. Both teams have solid defense and offenses that are stoppable. The team with the most mistakes will lose.

On the wildcard front, Missouri getting to the championship game (and God forbid pulling the upset) is a nightmare for the SEC in the new championship format. Don't expect any home cookin' by the refs. Georgia has a better story to tell than Mizzou if they would pull the upset in the CCG, so they are more desirable. I'm not a conspiracy theorist who thinks the SEC will use the refs to guarantee an outcome, but I could see an outcome where they have the refs call a consistent game, but in a way that favors the hogs (e.g. don't call anything but the most flagrant offensive holding on either side).

You have not been in the SEC long. They will lie, cheat and steal for a few teams. They will also have the refs fix games that are in their best interest. Then suspend the refs and claim all is even. They allow UF fans to ref UF games at home and on the road. That is why other Florida schools will not play them with SEC refs. I really didn't think about that part of the game. Look for the calls to go against the Tigers in a big way. I don't claim right and wrong. I just post my opinion and don't care what anyone else thinks about it. Look for CBB to update pregame injuries after the game.

I agree TOP.
I feel uneasy about this game. mizzpoo I feel like is gonna pull away late and win by 11.
mizzew 31 hogs 20

Unfortunately.

Shhh I'm trolling. If BA is healthy, I'm looking for 211 passing and 211 rushing. I believe Arkansas wins. If BA is hurt, QB by committee with Duwop running the wildcat. And AA running the ground and pound. I believe Arkansas wins. If BA plays hurt, bad things are going to happen. I believe Missouri wins. To me it is that simple. If the game was a home game, I believe it would look like the last 2. You never know, Arkansas might become a road team and venue doesn't matter.

Originally posted by TOP HOG:
You have not been in the SEC long. They will lie, cheat and steal for a few teams. They will also have the refs fix games that are in their best interest.
In 1991 we "lost" a game to Colorado who went on to win a share of the national championship that year. The "loss" happened on FIFTH down. The QB kept the ball on the option and was tackled BEFORE the ball crossed the goal line. While on his back, he reached out and extended the ball across the goal line. The ref signaled TD and the game ended. Tiger fans know a thing or two about conferences playing favorites.

Mizzou's losses have been at home, they seem to favor playing on the road. Still, hope BA is healthy but a hip pointer might have him out until the bowl game.

I remember that game. I believe UF get a ref game at least once a year, sometimes more. This year it was Kentucky that had the win stolen by UF fan refs. UF and Alabama are the Texas in the SEC. The SEC has been known to rig games for the big old guard schools if it will bring a bigger bowl pay out. Then they suspend the refs and act like that balances the scales for the school that just got ripped off. I'm sure the refs get a big money handshake during the suspension. Make no mistake about it, all teams are NOT equal in the SEC. I hate when it happens to any school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT