ADVERTISEMENT

I heard an interesting story today re the "real" story on why Petrino was fired....

Paul Loyd

All-American
Jun 11, 2002
Woodbridge, VA
Now, I'm not one to spread rumors, and I have no idea whether this story is just a bunch of hooey or not, but thought I'd throw it out and see if there might be any thread of truth to it...see if anyone else had ever heard anything remotely like this version of the story.

This story comes from a cousin of mine who lives in Fayetteville, and he swore to me this is the truth. And I will admit right off the bat that he has been known to spread a little bull now me then, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, he swears that BP did NOT wreck his motorcycle as widely reported, but rather BP got the stuffing beat out of him by his girlfriend's husband (or fiancé) who found out about their affair and waited for them at a store named the Pig Trail on the route BP and said girlfriend took on BP's bike that fateful day. And the beating was why BP's face was so messed up when the pics were taken. Then, BP made up the story about the motorcycle wreck to cover up the real reason his face looked so bad.

He also said that the policeman who came on the scene went along with BP in order to cover up the story and eventually lost his job when his superiors found out he lied for BP.

Again, my cousin has been known to spread the bull a little, but he swears up and down he is telling me the truth this time.

Anyone else ever hear anything remotely similar to this story?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News