ADVERTISEMENT

I"m sorry guys, but that was not a cheap shot

Willand

Letterman
Jul 29, 2003
The refs just blew that one.

Kid was just playing hard.. He certainly shouldn't have been ejected...

Bad call..
This post was edited on 10/19 8:06 PM by original hambone

Re: Cheap shot

Yeah, and I hate it when you hit somebody out of bounds. Oh, wait a minute, you have had 2 penalties for that. My bad

Every team will have penalties.
This post was edited on 10/19 8:18 PM by original hambone

It was not a cheap shot. It was not an intentional spear. He didn't leave his feet. He isn't like the "Assain" trying to kill other players. RBs and Recievers get hit H-to-H almost every play. I understand why it was called, but do not agree with the ejection.

How about the crap where our guys were getting thrown to the ground long after the whistles had been blowing to stop the play due to forward progress? The refs finally called a few of them the penalties they were but not until the second half after UGA had a good lead.

Not a cheap shot and the ejection rule is BS. It should be a 15 yard penalty and first down. On that play the candy-assed ref should have kept the flag in his pocket. No harm no foul.

Hey, I am a UGA fan and I thought that the kid was playing hard and the hit was unintentional and ejection is too harsh for a unintentional hit. It did appear to be helmet to helmet, but targeting?

I also think our team (UGA) was slow to stop on the whistle and should have been admonished.

I watched the hit several times.... I don't think he hit him with the crown of his helmet... looked like face mask to face mask.
To me, the Ref was targeting Mitchell.

Personally I think the SEC needs to hire new refs and get rid of the entrenched favorites playing refs. Not saying that the refs were pro-Georgia in this game, but the "Good Ole Boy", "Homer", "Home Cookin" mentality is deeply inbedded in the SEC refs organization. Especially with Pen Wagers. Every time that man refs an Arkansas game the miracle penalties come out of no where, and shockingly its always against Auburn, Alabama, or Florida. Things that make you go HUmmmmm.

Other than that Congrats to Georgia. Your team came in and played a pretty much mistake free game, and Arkansas well our boys defeated themselves. Take away the stupid penalties (14 points) fumble (7 points) and Arkansas wins 32 - 24, but it is what it is. Considering where this team was the last 2 years, and we are taking top 10 ranked teams to the wire, and we are still rebuilding....Ill take it. Yes Im tired of seeing our Hogs lose, but there is a silver lining, and it is getting better. We will beat UAB, and then we will beat 2 of the reaming 4 after that.

Keep the Faith Guys

Lets start a push to get rid of some of these refs, because until they are stopped NO team in the SEC is going to have a fair shot, and we can start by demanding Pen Wagers no longer refs any Arkansas games period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to think like you guys on the Targeting stuff, but

right or wrong, that is the exact play they are trying to take out of the game. The crown of his helmet hit Mason in the Face Mask and his head popped back. I understand it is tough when both players are running upright not to collide helmet to helmet. Our guys now (try to but I have seen it a bunch)recenter themselves when possible and try to hit shoulder to shoulder, I think if he had of wrapped up it would have helped his cause. Just a part of the game today...

Good Game and Wish you the Best down the road! I enjoy watching your run game.

I agree. It happens every time Arkansas plays a ranked team. The SEC fixes games and everyone knows it. No one outside the government can stop it and they are tied up infighting.

Miss State is playing like a runaway freight train, I'm expecting them to win the west, but I think we have a decent chance of beating the rest, if we can avoid hurting ourselves.

The Russians are coming too.

smokin.r191677.gif

The NCAA wants to be able to show any future judge or jury that they have done everything they can to make the game safer by enforcing rules that heavily discourage contact to the head and especially head to head contact. Football PRO and amateur is building a portfolio of examples of taking due diligence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT