ADVERTISEMENT

If Hogs win this weekend, checkbook will be needed

Raw Hog

Prospect
Aug 13, 2015
I've got us at 50% chance to win this weekend despite being a 6.5pt underdog so I'm a homer. With all the early coaching changes likely to happen, if we win this weekend Jeff Long will have to break-out the checkbook to lock-down Coach Bielema, even if he is 100% happy here. And it will need to be done in the next couple weeks as there will be too much leverage and competition to let us finish with a strong season and not have done so.
Can you imagine us starting a $160 million stadium renovation without our coach being completely locked down. LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Texas and Florida State (if Jimbo takes LSU) will all be looking for a top tier coach and there are not a lot of options. Also, Coach B is a target for the NFL and they fire 8 coaches a year. To those that think he has an SEC non-compete, I'd love to see something to prove it. It's seems like initial coaches' contracts didn't have non-competes until about 18 months ago (Sam Pittman) and I don't know that Coach B has re-signed anything since then but could be mistaken and would love to be wrong. Seems he is really happy, but money talks.

Reactions: phillipadavis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News