ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a liberal, but finally, Sarah Palin said something intelligent.

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
Her statement that we should get the hell out of the Middle East and let them kill themselves, (my words not hers) is correct.

We had 50,000 killed in Vietnam and I see zero benefit for us and I consider the war a total waste of lives. Since them, of course, Congress has sat back and let the President's of the US make their own little Presidential wars costing us maybe trillions of dollars and thousands of lives. For what!

But I fear we will go down that same path that all Empires hve travelled. A rise to greatness, expansion to conquor and finally, overextention and inability to finance further expansion. Then financial ruin and disaster. I do think we are just beginning the downward slide. But the way down is much faster than the rise to the top.

Maybe we deserve what we are looking at.

Originally posted by bobhawg:
Her statement that we should get the hell out of the Middle East and let them kill themselves, (my words not hers) is correct.

We had 50,000 killed in Vietnam and I see zero benefit for us and I consider the war a total waste of lives. Since them, of course, Congress has sat back and let the President's of the US make their own little Presidential wars costing us maybe trillions of dollars and thousands of lives. For what!

But I fear we will go down that same path that all Empires hve travelled. A rise to greatness, expansion to conquor and finally, overextention and inability to finance further expansion. Then financial ruin and disaster. I do think we are just beginning the downward slide. But the way down is much faster than the rise to the top.

Maybe we deserve what we are looking at.
You sound an awful lot like a conservative to me bob!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT