ADVERTISEMENT

I'm having trouble getting any of the Hopium Addicts to answer these simple

MDVOL

Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
questions elsewhere. Maybe the Che Guevara lovers here can come up with them.

#1. Name the nation that taxed it's way to Prosperity?

#2. Name the nation that debased it's currency that did not suffer a catestrophic economic collapse?

#3. Name a modern nation that allowed itself to be invaded by tens of millions of illiterate 3rd world criminals and still remained a Sovereign Nation?

#4 Name the nation whose incompetent leader ran up the National Debt to beyond 100% of GDP that remained an economically growing, prosperous nation?

They are not questions, Ham, they are extreme right wing political positions. Right out of Rush's/RNC game book.

Originally posted by bobhawg:
They are not questions, Ham, they are extreme right wing political positions. Right out of Rush's/RNC game book.
What he's asking is for those that voted for Barack Hussein Obama and his policies to give him some proof that Obama's policies have any chance at moving this counry in the right direction..

Surely, a man as smart as NEA can come up with some legitimate answers....

Do you listen to Rush LImbaugh.... I don't. Is that what he's saying?

And, I didn't know the RNC had a play book....

First, history will determine if Obama's policies are good or bad for the country. Few people realize the final effect of events until a good time after the fact and then, history correctly or incorrectly will judge. So, the sky is falling mentality seldom is correct.

Years ago I did listen to Rush, but it became obvious he had sold his soul to the right wing political factions and he got very rich doing so.

All political parties, Ham, have a play book. The Democrat book has generally called for much more government involvement than the GOP book since the members of the two parties have significant different viewpoints. The Demos for instance supported anti trust legislation, labor laws, social security, etc. and the GOP generally represents big business, corporations and the upper class in general.

We can argue all day about either party going overboard and not representing all of us, but the fact of the matter is, to get elected the candidates on both sides must satisfy enough voters to get elected. But you can be a moderate, morally correct person and be either a Democrat or Republican. IMO, it is the extremists on either side that we need to fear.

Bob, I can tell you right now, when you raise taxes, it takes money out of consumers hands. People have less money to spend. And when people quit spending, other people's incomes go down. Taxes are a brake on the economy. Raising taxes slows economic growth. Democrats love to point to times when taxes were higher and economic growth was robust. You can raise taxes in a bull economy and no one notices that the economy is only growing at 5% rather than 6%. In a week economy is not the time to raise taxes.

If you continue to debase your currency, sooner or later it leads to inflation. You have more money chasing a fixed amount of goods and you get price inflation. When you get hyper inflation it makes everybody poor. If you've got 10 million dollars and a candy bar cost 50 cents... you can buy a bunch of candy bars. You get hyper inflation... and a candy bar cost a million dollars... you can afford exactly 10. Inflation levels the playing field by making everybody poor.

ETC. ETC..

Fear, lack of consumer confidence is killing us. I lay that blame directly on Obama. The more he talks about raising taxes on individuals and corporatios etc. etc. he is creating so much uncertainty. When people get scared, they keep their money in their pockets.

That said, people can only post pone purchases so long. Things wear out and eventually you have to replace them. I do expect... at some point, that consumers will start to spend again because they simply can't post pone purchases any longer.

And, Obama will get credit in spite of doing everything in his power to kill this economy....

As I see it Ham, our problem is that for about 50 years or so we have had 500 or so in Washington who instead of trying to run the country for the good of all have been totally involved with getting reelected.

I have no argument with keeping taxes as low as possible and still provide our basic needs such as defense, roads, police etc.
and it is only common sense to keep them low.

However, the price of our political system has been way too costly for our economy. I do not feel that either the Democrats or Republicans have been concerned with the nation as a whole, rather what they need to do to get reelected time and time again, which is to spend money to satisfy the voters in their district. I have wanted to see term limits for some time now, but fear it is too late for that.

Actually, I fear we are about to see the United States of America become the disjointed states of America. I do not know what this country will be like in 75 years, but I see no chance of a homologous system, rather a divided secular society all fighting for their own benefits and a total disregard for the other voices. Frankly, the great American dream is ending.

I pray I am wrong.

Originally posted by original hambone:
Originally posted by NEastArkie:

"simple" is correct.
Who is this idiot?
Why don't you give it a go NEA? Answer his questions.
As bob said, they are not questions, they are right wing positions. All 4 "questions" assume faulty premises and therefore can't be answered at all without giving a terribly misleading response. Anyone with any understanding of simple principles of logic or critical thinking knows that. Conversely, anyone without that understanding thinks those are legitimate questions.

As I see it Ham, our problem is that for about 50 years or so we have had 500 or so in Washington who instead of trying to run the country for the good of all have been totally involved with getting reelected.

I have no argument with keeping taxes as low as possible and still provide our basic needs such as defense, roads, police etc.
and it is only common sense to keep them low.

However, the price of our political system has been way too costly for our economy. I do not feel that either the Democrats or Republicans have been concerned with the nation as a whole, rather what they need to do to get reelected time and time again, which is to spend money to satisfy the voters in their district. I have wanted to see term limits for some time now, but fear it is too late for that.

Actually, I fear we are about to see the United States of America become the disjointed states of America. I do not know what this country will be like in 75 years, but I see no chance of a homologous system, rather a divided secular society all fighting for their own benefits and a total disregard for the other voices. Frankly, the great American dream is ending.

I pray I am wrong.
Our real problem is that we are spending too much. Romney's solution was to cut government interference and grow the economy. Create jobs and you move people from social programs to jobs. They go from recipients of government aid to tax payers.

Obama's plan appears to be to tax the rich and corporations rather than cut spending. That is NOT going to work. Obama won by buying the votes of the poor and middle class.

I agree with you that the only job of an elected official is to get re-elected. But if you look at the big picture... Repubicans earn their fortunes BEFORE they enter government service. Think about it. Reagan, Bush 41, Bush 43, McCain all had careers before they entered politics. Now, consider the Democrats. People like Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Barack Obama... they are career politicans and ended up wealthy... How do you do that on such a limited salary? You can go on back, JFK, LBJ etc. all career politicians.

I absolutely agree with you that when we moved from a melting pot to a salad bowl... (Pushed by the liberals who encouraged groups to maintain their idenity and celebrate our differences) has not been good for America. It leads to all these minorities seeking THEIR piece of the pie. We are no longer a country of Americans. What I see in our future is ethnic violence.

I pray I am wrong as well.

"simple" is correct.
Who is this idiot?
Why don't you give it a go NEA? Answer his questions.
As bob said, they are not questions, they are right wing positions. All 4 "questions" assume faulty premises and therefore can't be answered at all without giving a terribly misleading response. Anyone with any understanding of simple principles of logic or critical thinking knows that. Conversely, anyone without that understanding thinks those are legitimate questions.
They ARE questions. And you know the answer... you just don't want to admit it!

Okay. What the heck

#1. Name the nation that taxed it's way to Prosperity? Taxes pay the govt bills that allow prosperity. The United States is just one example of one that's done this. Taxes per se are simply a means of paying for govt expenses. They can be used to promote prosperity or destruction. They can be collected as we go or in the future. Which should be done depends on circumstances.

#2. Name the nation that debased it's currency that did not suffer a catastrophic economic collapse? "Debased" isn't defined and therefore there is no way to answer this question. However, if "debased" means "devalued" several nations have done so and not suffered economic collapse. China has artificially done so for several years to help create its current prosperity. This is a really stupid question.

#3. Name a modern nation that allowed itself to be invaded by tens of millions of illiterate 3rd world criminals and still remained a Sovereign Nation? No nation has ever allowed itself to be invaded by tens of millions of illiterate third world criminals so the answer up to this point in time is "none."

#4 Name the nation whose incompetent leader ran up the National Debt to beyond 100% of GDP that remained an economically growing, prosperous nation? I don't call them incompetent, but FDR and HST allowed this and the US became an economically growing, prosperous nation quite soon thereafter.

This post was edited on 12/7 10:51 AM by NEastArkie

Well, you answered. The answers are crap, but I guess they are all someone

with his head buried up the Owebama lower orifice could do.

#1.The absolutely stupid idea that taking money OUT of the economy to be wasted on ignorant democrat schemes brings prosperity can only mean that you are an ambulance chasing lawyer,a government career parasite or outright thief. Those are the only careers that allow someone to get rich by stealing labor of others and when finished, contributes NOTHING useful to society.

#2.I am not talking about "devalued" I am talking about printing and flooding the economy with tremendous amounts of worthless paper as in Owebama's hero Mugabe's country, Argentina, or the Weimar

#3. Rome allowed itself to be invaded by hoards of illiterate 3rd worlders. Both Roman Empires. The Vandals in the west and the moslems in the east. Both Emprires were destroyed.

The US is the only modern nation that has STUPIDLY allowed itself to be invaded by 10's of millions of 3rd world illiterates thanks to Ted Kennedy having the Immigration law changed in 1965 that kept them out as well as democrats throwing out the welcome mat to every Mexican thjat can sneak across the damned border, work under the table and pay no taxes, steal from the taxpatyer via all the "social network" programs, and fill up prisons (29% of all US prisoners are Criminal Invaders convicted of Felony drug trafficking, murder, rape, and other violent crimes) as well as our schools as unlike AMERICAN women. the invaders breed like the vermin they are(Avg. 7 future welfare breeders or criminals per female)

#4.FDR and HST never experienced a single day of prosperity that was not caused by Adolph Hitler, Benito Mussolini, and Hideki Tojo and even then, the money borrowed was from AMERICANS who were Repaid because of the prosperity during the post WWII/ Eisenhower years .

As soon as the war was over, government spending fell, because back then, there were
still democrats who not only were intelligent(unlike today) but also understood that their job was to guard the People's money zelously because economic prosperity came from the PRIVATE SECTOR and the less government took from it, the more the economny could grow.

However, I will say than unlike the most Incompetent individual ever elected in the history of the World, the US Taxpayer got tangible assets for much of it's money spent by Hoover and Roosevelt(Pre WWII) as well as Eisenhower and Reagan. Huge numbers of Hydro-electric and irrigation control dams, roads, parks, Federal office buildings. The Interstate Highway System, the Military hardware, tanks, planes, ships,helicopters, etal still being used today.

Owebama has wasted 6.4 TRILLION dollars with far more to come and the taxpayers got nothng but a bag of canine excrement for it's money.

Re: Well, you answered. The answers are crap, but I guess they are all someone

You obviously don't know much history & what history & current events you do know you either misstate or don't understand.

Why are you even here? You're apparently a Vol fan, live in Maryland, have no connection to the Razorbacks or even the State of Ark. You have over 44,000 posts on the rivals boards. You must be just a right wing troll who goes to all the sports boards to propagandize your John Birch Society-type idiocy. Sorry, bud. Don't need you.

You obviously don't know much history & what history & current events you do know you either misstate or don't understand.

Why are you even here? You're apparently a Vol fan, live in Maryland, have no connection to the Razorbacks or even the State of Ark. You have over 44,000 posts on the rivals boards. You must be just a right wing troll who goes to all the sports boards to propagandize your John Birch Society-type idiocy. Sorry, bud. Don't need you.
YOU are the one lacking in knowledge of economics and history.

This message board is open to anyone who wishes to post on here....

Did you Ban him?

I recommend you see a good shrink, you need help, friend.

I would bet he did, it's the easiest way to keep from getting stomped into a mud hole again and again and again

Obviously the folks who practice the cry for tolerance are those willing to allow all ideas to be expressed no matter the source. Only jerks discriminate against ideas which don't muster their personal and selfish litmus test for subjective credibility.

You might not like MDVOL's tone or style but he's absolutely right.

NEA really has no grasp on economics... Or history for that matter.

His way of dealing with someone who challenes him... ban them...

AND, he totally disregards Trey's rules...

Penalties for breaking rules:

First offense - Public Warning by a Moderator
Second offense - 3 days removal from posting
Third offense - 14 days removal from posting
Fourth offense - 6 month removal from posting
Fifth offense - 1 year removal from posting
Sixth offense - permanent removal from posting

Grim Bottom moderators are also held to these standards. And do not violate the spirit of our rules.

This post was edited on 3/25 5:55 PM by Trey Biddy

He's a despot who's ego cannot stand a strong challenge...
This post was edited on 12/7 2:31 PM by original hambone

Actually, I have always liked MDVOL's posts, but this one was a rant if I ever saw one. And I do think this attitude during the last election cost Romney the presidency. Not because of Romney, but supporters who voiced similar ravings. It made the middle 20% of the voters uneasy. I do think if the GOP had run a much more moderate campaign, they would have won easily.

Grim Bottom moderators are also held to these standards. And do not violate the spirit of our rules.

Strong challenge?? By nonsensical questions that contain logical fallacies?? This troll obviously gets his information from some right wing ideo-blog. Sheesh man. Of course I'd expect nothing different from you. You don't understand logic. And despite your alleged study of the subject at some correspondence school, you clearly can't analyze the information. You simply repeat it & confuse that with knowledge.

BTW, trolls are never given the same rights as posters who come for legit discussion. This guy is obviously a troll. If you have a complaint about me, take it up with Trey.

"All 4 "questions" assume faulty premises and therefore can't be answered at all without giving a terribly misleading response. Anyone with any understanding of simple principles of logic or critical thinking knows that. Conversely, anyone without that understanding thinks those are legitimate questions."

Translated: Anyone who thinks and agrees with my way of thinking can understand my logic, and anyone who does not agree has reasoning I do not support as logic.

Uh, isn't that just another form of intolerance and arrogance to suggest other ideas which cannot be understood are invalid?

Originally posted by Hammy Davis Jr:
"All 4 "questions" assume faulty premises and therefore can't be answered at all without giving a terribly misleading response. Anyone with any understanding of simple principles of logic or critical thinking knows that. Conversely, anyone without that understanding thinks those are legitimate questions."

Translated: Anyone who thinks and agrees with my way of thinking can understand my logic, and anyone who does not agree has reasoning I do not support as logic.

Uh, isn't that just another form of intolerance and arrogance to suggest other ideas which cannot be understood are invalid?
Translated: Anyone who thinks and agrees with my way of thinking can
understand my logic, and anyone who does not agree has reasoning I do
not support as logic.

It isn't "my" logic. Logic has nothing to do with opinions or political viewpoints. It's a methodology. It's a science. If you don't understand that there's nothing anyone can do to help you. That's part of the problem you, hambone & this mdvol character have. You can't formulate a logical argument & don't understand basic principles of sound reasoning. It has nothing to do with whether I agree with your ultimate opinions.

It isn't arrogance or intolerance to point out spurious arguments. It is, however, futile to "argue" with people who don't understand basic principles of logic. To that extent it is impossible to argue with you or hambone. You don't "argue" in the sense that you demonstrate a course of reasoning to prove or disprove any point. Apparently you're both incapable of it.

I am a visitor who comes here occasionally. Came to see how your new coach was settling in and visit the GB.

In this thread, I would like to comment on NEArkie's responses to Q#1 by MDVOL.

First response: "Who is this idiot?" …indirect ad hominem

Second response: "As bob said, they are not questions, they are right wing positions. All 4 "questions" assume faulty premises and therefore can't be answered at all without giving a terribly misleading response. Anyone with any understanding of simple principles of logic or critical thinking knows that. Conversely, anyone without that understanding thinks those are legitimate questions." … Put off

Third response: actual response

Okay. What the heck

#1. Name the nation that taxed it's way to Prosperity?

"Taxes pay the govt bills that allow prosperity. The United States is just one example of one that's done this. Taxes per se are simply a means of paying for govt expenses. They can be used to promote prosperity or destruction. They can be collected as we go or in the future. Which should be done depends on circumstances.

Fourth response: more character attack and intimidation

"You obviously don't know much history & what history & current events you do know you either misstate or don't understand.

Why are you even here? You're apparently a Vol fan, live in Maryland, have no connection to the Razorbacks or even the State of Ark. You have over 44,000 posts on the rivals boards. You must be just a right wing troll who goes to all the sports boards to propagandize your John Birch Society-type idiocy. Sorry, bud. Don't need you."

My response:

This is too simple, NEA. Taxes DO pay the gov't's bills. You are correct. The two Constitutional functions of the gov't are to make commerce regular between the states and foreign entities & to protect citizens from enemies and protect citizens' rights to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. That is what taxes pay for. How do you construe the law of the land to say that the gov't 'allows prosperity'? The Constitution clearly states that the gov't's role is to protect our rights to create our own prosperity.

The answer to #1 is not the U.S.A.

"#1.The absolutely stupid idea that taking money OUT of
the economy to be wasted on ignorant democrat schemes brings prosperity
can only mean that you are an ambulance chasing lawyer,a government
career parasite or outright thief."

HOLY CRAP!!!! We have a modern day prophet! How did you know that? My Gawd man, you nailed him perfectly with 2 out of 3 of your suppositions!

So, I hear that you are now banned. Why am I not surprised? That's what NEA does to his opposition when he is unable to outright defeat them with logical debate. He just silence's them.

Is there any wonder that NEA is such an Obama ass sucker? He operates in the very same manner. While he allows himself to abuse the power he has been trusted with by breaking the posted rules and calling you an "Idiot", you are not afforded the same rights of retort.

Yep, that's the liberal philosophy at work alright. Communism is alive and well in America, Comrade.

Strong challenge?? By nonsensical questions that contain logical fallacies?? This troll obviously gets his information from some right wing ideo-blog. Sheesh man. Of course I'd expect nothing different from you. You don't understand logic. And despite your alleged study of the subject at some correspondence school, you clearly can't analyze the information. You simply repeat it & confuse that with knowledge.

BTW, trolls are never given the same rights as posters who come for legit discussion. This guy is obviously a troll. If you have a complaint about me, take it up with Trey.
Why don't you follow Trey's protocol?

Actually, I have always liked MDVOL's posts, but this one was a rant if I ever saw one. And I do think this attitude during the last election cost Romney the presidency. Not because of Romney, but supporters who voiced similar ravings. It made the middle 20% of the voters uneasy. I do think if the GOP had run a much more moderate campaign, they would have won easily.
Name a more liberal Republican than Romney.

NEA should not be a monitor, this board would be better unmoderated as opposed to this thin skinned temper tantrum form of moderation.

I'm not sure I would characterize it as communism maybe fascism but really more like a little spoiled boy whose mommy bought him a sand box on the outside chance the neighborhood kids would play with him.

I think that was the GOP's problem and why they lost. Their primary produced a candidate that did not meet the views of the extremist and so they blasted their own candidate during the campaign and IMO, ran off votes of the far right and caused some moderates to vote for Obama. In short they presented a splintered base to the American people.

MDVOL made a comment that reaffirmed a pattern I saw in you a long time ago. Instead of respecting the opposing views of others whom you disagree with, you attack their credibility. You did it to me and others long ago, and you're doing it again to MDVOL, Hambone and me. Well, you know, that's fine if you want to play that little game, and it does mirror tactics used by ambulance chasers who try to discount the testimony of witnesses in the courtroom by finding some tiny, miute thread of content to twist into reason of incredulous claim. And, it's very much the same tactic used by all the blood-sucking lawyers in the Democratic Party, which you are a part of. So, is that your game, that you are so insecure with yourself that you have to come on here and try to bury the ideas of others like you would an unfriendly courtroom witness? Wow, if this is where you come to boost your fragile ego, you must be a crappy lawyer (I hope you are in another profession).

Everything you said reagrding meathodology, logic, reason, etc, could be easily turned and thrown at you. We're at a stalemate, except you've got that little Ace up your sleave as a "Hawgsports moderator" and when it's convenient you'll threaten to play it with bully tactics. Ooooohhhh, that's so frightening. "Oh, Mr Moderator, please don't beat me with the whip. I'll be a good little boy for you. Please Master, don't hit me." And, that's really all you shown you want, is for everyone to bow down to you and praise the allmighty NEAkie.

Heil Kamerad Nearkie, unser Fuhrer! Sieg heil! Seig heil! Heil NEArkie!

Feel better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT