ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting In-state quarterback Grayson Wilson talks Arkansas offer, visit

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
From @DanielFair

It was a whirlwind of a weekend for Central Arkansas Christian quarterback Grayson Wilson. After an unofficial visit to Arkansas, he left with an offer from the home state Hogs.

In the same evening, Wilson reported an offer from Pittsburgh.

Wilson said the offer from the Razorbacks meant a little bit more knowing that the Arkansas coaches want him to be their signal caller.

"It was good," Wilson said after the visit. "Getting the offer especially here in Arkansas knowing that Coach Enos and Coach Pittman want me to be their quarterback for the Class of 2025 really makes me feel special."

In addition to Arkansas and Pittsburgh, Wilson holds offers from Illinois and Central Arkansas. He said he feels that schools are still starting to take notice of what he's able to do on the field.

"It lets me know people are seeing me and seeing my tape and what I send them out," Wilson said. "I'm sending highlights showing my athletic ability and they're taking note of it."

Wilson, 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, said he was "very excited" to get the offer from the Hogs and it came about halfway through his visit.

"I got there," Wilson said. "Coach Enos had texted my coach to tell me text coach Enos that we are here. He must just be wanting to just stay in contact with us. About halfway through coach Enos and coach Pittman talked to me."

This was not Wilson's first visit to Fayetteville. He recently a took a trip in January during the second to last Prospect Day on Jan. 21, and he told reporters at that time he was impressed by new offensive coordinator Dan Enos.

"I think he's a good guy," Wilson said on Jan. 21. "I think he's a good coach. He really develops good quarterbacks. He has Brandon Allen in the NFL and is a good pro-quarterback developer."

On the field, Wilson said he feels like he's a solid dual-threat athlete, something that is needed in today's college game.

"I feel like I'm a great athlete," Wilson said. "6-foot-3, 185 pounds, good dual threat. Coach talked about I had a good deep ball. He said I was smooth and had good mechanics. He said he hadn't seen me throw in person, but had seen me in camp and I was smooth with it. I have good footwork."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News