ADVERTISEMENT

Is this team worse than JLS’ 2012 team?

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
No defense, stuttering offense and players that have trouble lining up on special teams.

I was glad to see it. We will see what happens. I just know all CBB teams start each season slow. I don’t think we can get a better coach than him. If he wins a couple more it will be better to stay with him 1 more year. It looks like we have a good QB, WRs and RBs. The jury is still out on the Oline. The defense is 50/50 so far. But it is a new scheme so maybe we will see them get it together this year.

This is a year where a lot of teams will likely be hunting new coaches, maybe quite a few with more money and bigger recruiting bases than ours, a hard year to try and attract a proven coach. Florida being a big recruiting state will probably attract the best one available. The Oline has shown no improvement from last year at all. With three of the starters leaving two seasons ago I was willing to chalk last year up to inexperience but if that was the case then they should have been at least a little better this year which tells me the players have no pass blocking skills and the Oline coach is not able to teach any pass blocking skills, need a new Oline coach and a recruiter that looks past the weight chart to see if the players have any coachable talent. A kicker that can consistently knock the ball out of the endzone to prevent the many big kickoff returns our coverage team gives up would help too. It's rare we make an opponent start inside the twenty.

UF is coach hunting. Waiting for Tennessee and aTm to let their coaches go. Maybe Ole Miss. MSU if Dan Mullen takes UF or UT. That is just in the SEC. FSU and North Carolina in the ACC maybe. There are a couple in each big 5 conference. Then coaches leave a school and that job opens so this might not be a good year to coach hunt. If the team isn’t ready to play the 1st month of the season like the last 5 years, then make the switch. Let Enos finish the season while the UA looks for a coach.

What about trying to get Defensive Coordinator at Texas. They have a good defense and he did a good job at U of H. Would think he would want opportunity to be a head coach at SEC level.

I don’t know much about him. I hear HDN wants to coach again. I also believe BP is on the hot seat. Maybe we can crawl back to him. He was good until his players took over as the whole team. Now non football things and poor showing heated up his seat.

I don’t know much about him. I hear HDN wants to coach again. I also believe BP is on the hot seat. Maybe we can crawl back to him. He was good until his players took over as the whole team. Now non football things and poor showing heated up his seat.
I never liked Nutt as a recruiter. Ok at getting local guys but not very good out of state (Felix Jones) was an exception.
He would sign a ton of 2 stars each year. Way too many -IMO...

I don't understand why so many are in man love with BP. Sure, he had some great offenses but he didn't believe in defense and used the majority of recruiting slots for offense while the defense was getting worse and worse each year. He relies on outscoring opponents which was becoming more difficult as the defense suffered. HDN managed to get us to two SECCGs and Ford even got us to one in his third year, the lightening in a bottle football god never got us there in his five years. BP's current record this season is 5-4 while ours is 4-5. Doesn't seem like a step up to me at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT