ADVERTISEMENT

Keystone Hogs again

There is that team that quit the last couple years. I thought they were gone.

Originally posted by cadillac pickup:
Boneheaded joke of the south. We should join the Mid-America Conference.
You must have not got the memo. We're in great shape with this AD and this staff.
frown.r191677.gif

An 0-16 in the SEC streak and looking squarely at another winless conference season will get ole Bert and Jeff a giant raise for sure. The more we lose. the more people up there reap praise on these two idiots. It is truly astounding
sick0021.r191677.gif

No you can't spin this one away. Arkansas has players that do not play through the whistle. When plays break down they just stand there. I see it on both sides of the ball. They are either quitting on the play, lazy or untrained. This team lacks leadership during the game. This team lacks discipline, another leadership failure during the game. The other teams are not beating them, they are beating themselves. Another leadership failure during the game. CBB said it was his fault and that is a true statement. The problem is that it keeps happening and is not getting fixed. Until the coaches can control the players during the game, Arkansas cannot move foward. Three games, 3 losses, same problems.

Originally posted by TheRedBoar'n:
This is sickening. No brains on the field or on the sidelines.
Guys, pardon me for breaking in on the pity party, but let me add an outside perspective. I have watched Arkansas play this year and they are far better then the record indicates. I know that is a small compliment at this point, but this team is a hair from being a really really good team. Yesterday against UGA there was a culmination of things that went wrong for the hogs before the first snap was even made.

First, You guys deserve your praise based on how well you have competed against that crazy tough SEC West schedule. People's eyes are not deceiving them. This Arkansas team can compete with anyone. They may be one more recruiting class away from having the depth that allows them to hang that last quarter of play. However, that same schedule has to be a grind and it may have caught up with you a bit yesterday. Between the physical beating and the grind of all the different offenses to prepare for it has to take a toll.

Second, we all acknowledge that the SEC West is better than the SEC East this year. However, even though UGA may not have played as tough a competition this year does not mean UGA is not a pretty darn good team. I think UGA is a little undervalued because of the play of the rest of the East. This is a pretty good UGA team.

The SEC West is a bloodbath. Good luck the rest of the year.

I'd love to. I'd tell them not to do stupid stuff. Why would a premier RB do something stupid to get suspended for a half? Why would a breakaway threat punt returner do something stupid resulting in getting suspended for a game? Why do something stupid as a DB to be called for unsportsmanlike conduct when the play was all the way on the other sideline and the play was a third and long STOP. These things are stupid and costly. It is a team game and those types of conduct are not in keeping with the team concept. If every one of the people associated with the Razorbacks understood team vs self they'd win some close games that they are now losing. That is what makes me sick. It isn't the losing. It is how we are losing.

Our guy who was ejected for helmet to helmet was a judgement call. It was not a stupid play. Our guy was playing with intensity and aggressively trying to tackle their QB. He didn't leave his feet to launch himself at their guy. Sometimes helmet to helmet contact occurs unintentionally. It was a bad judgement call by the ref as I don't think our intentionally speared their QB, but I can see why it was called. That's football.

Yep, I'd be happy to address them. I'd read Patton's speech to his Third Army. It was all about team effort. If you have not read it then pull it on on the net. He had everyone fired up, even the cooks, bakers and candlestick makers.

Top Hog is correct too about the lack of leadership. There does not appear to be anyone who can put the team on their back and inspire them to win.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'd go try to get a few players who might fall out of one the academies for one reason or another. Most of those guys have some innate leadership capabilities or they would not have been offered an appointment in the first place.

I love chaney's offense. He just needs to get a few more players on the field to execute it. But the entire team has to be smarter about what they do on and off the field or it won't make much difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT