ADVERTISEMENT

Last Night I Finally Summoned Up The Courage To Watch The Movie: "Greater" About Brandon Burlsworth

OlKuntryBoy

Signee
Silver Member
Jan 31, 2021
Palm Harbor, FL
I have been a Hawg fan since I was knee high to a duck (50+ years and counting). So I have like most lived through the ebbs and flows of what comes with being a Hog Fan. So, when the movie "Greater" came out 5 Years ago I was not in a hurry to watch it because I knew about Brandon Burlsworth prior to that.

I am a service disabled veteran diagnosed and being successfully treated for PTSD and one of the things I have learned about are triggers. You know the things that may bring on adverse reactions for my mental health condition, so this is why it took me so very long to watch it.

Well, I can say I have survived and I am actually the better for it. It is the second movie I have watched in my life in which I cried uncontrollably at some point, the first being the original "Brian's Song" with Billy Dee Williams and James Caan (Don't know what it says about me that both movies are related to sports. The scene in which his brother Marty pulls up to the house and the police cars are there to inform his mother that Brandon has died is heartbreaking.

Well, I have decided to use the movie with the group's I mentor for the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Program and Brother's United Building Brothers Alliance (BUBBA) as not only about how hard work, perseverance, dedication, and commitment pays off but also interpersonal communication skills specifically how to deal with your emotions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News