ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Latest on 4-Star WR Cam Sparks

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
From Sam Spiegelman

——

Cam Sparks is one of the top uncommitted offense playmakers still on the board in the 2025 recruiting cycle as his senior season at Chattanooga (Tenn.) Baylor School nears an end.

The four-star wide receiver has long been courted as both a wide receiver and a defensive back, and down the back nine of Sparks' recruitment it's down to three teams. Penn State, Mississippi State and Arkansas are all swinging away at Sparks, who is s coming off his first visit up to Fayetteville last weekend as the Razorbacks hosted LSU in a rivalry game.

The Razorbacks have come on strong during Sparks' senior season and along with Mississippi State are two teams trending at the top with the four-star pass-catcher out of Tennessee.

"I could play early at both schools -- and not just play, but make an impact," Sparks told Rivals.

ARKANSAS, MISSISSIPPI STATE MAKING A RUN AT SPARKS​

Sam Pittman and the Razorbacks got the 6-foot-3, 195-pound receiver to the Hill last weekend for Arkansas' showdown vs. LSU.
The atmosphere inside the stadium and getting a close-up look at Andrew Armstrong was worth the trip for Sparks.

"I'm fresh off an Arkansas visit last weekend and I spent some time with the coaches getting down there for the first time," he started. "It was a rivalry game, so they didn't have to do too much because the fans showed how crazy it gets there. I was talking to the coaches. They have the No. 3-leading receiver in the SEC, and that's whose shoes they want me to fill."

"With that pitch -- I would have some big shoes to fill," the four-star WR added.

The Bulldogs have also been making a strong run at Sparks throughout the fall and haven't skipped a beat yet with the touted pass-catcher from Tennessee.

"Mississippi State is also talking to me a lot and I talk to their coaches almost every other week," he detailed.

"They tell me that I'd run Starkville and Starkville really wants me there, and me and Michael Van Buren would have some pretty good Saturdays down there in Starkville."

Penn State also continues to stay involved in the race for Sparks.

"They're having a good season there so far and I would fit great into their offense," he said. "They don't go into both transfer portal that much, and it's a really great program."

SPARKS IS MOVING CLOSER TO A DECISION​

Sparks has made a string of visits to and from Starkville this fall and after another visit to Fayetteville, the four-star WR is moving closer to locking in his decision, which is expected to come sometime in the next month.

"I feel like I'll make a decision really soon," he asserted.

Sparks will graduate in December.

There is a sense that the race between Mississippi State and Arkansas has only tightened after his most recent visit to see the Razorbacks. There’s an opportunity to play early on the offensive side of the ball at both SEC schools, and that is a major catalyst as Sparks closes in on a decision.

For the bulk of the fall, the buzz has centered around the Bulldogs, but this feels like a much tighter race as November approaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.