ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron James...

He thinks he has this protection around him for some reason. He thinks he can spew whatever he wants with zero repercussion.

Reactions: nm33091992
Players run the league in the NBA which is why they create super teams and destroy parity in the process.
Owners control the league in the NFL. Bron probably doesn't like that but there is tremendous parity and a more successful league because of it. I'm a Laker fan but he's out of line.

giphy.gif

I mean he would know better than any of us.

Also not too long ago there clearly was a guy that had that mentality(Sterling). I think that there are lots of situations of crying wolf, but I have personally always decided to listen. I feel like the shut up and play mentality is just as bad.

If I had the stage he does to reach people, I would use that platform to stand up for what I believe in. That being said, this particular instance is quite a bit of hyperbole.

I mean he would know better than any of us.

Also not too long ago there clearly was a guy that had that mentality(Sterling). I think that there are lots of situations of crying wolf, but I have personally always decided to listen. I feel like the shut up and play mentality is just as bad.

If I had the stage he does to reach people, I would use that platform to stand up for what I believe in. That being said, this particular instance is quite a bit of hyperbole.

I agree with you.

I can't say i'm surprised at the people that let LeBron rustle them and that's probably his intent. We live in a world where we like rustling when we support that person and their agenda.

I haven't seen where LeBron made this statement but I certainly won't let it ruin my day.

Reactions: Lowcountry Hog
Yikes.

I'm on the side of the spectrum that believes athletes often get too much criticism for voicing their opinions and/or standing up for their beliefs, but this is an irresponsible way for him to use his platform. LeBron might need to brush up on horrifying institution that was slavery, not even close.

I agree with you.

I can't say i'm surprised at the people that let LeBron rustle them and that's probably his intent. We live in a world where we like rustling when we support that person and their agenda.

I haven't seen where LeBron made this statement but I certainly won't let it ruin my day.

I really don’t care and it’s not going to ruin my day, but it’s also an ignorant statement. If people like lebron want these owners, and people in general, to listen and understand where they are coming from, make a better argument than saying stuff like that.

Last edited:
I really don’t care and it’s not going to ruin my day, but it’s also an ignorant statement. If people like lebron want them to listen and understand where they are coming from, make a better argument than saying stuff like that.

As I stated, haven't even seen the statement from LBJ. If it exists, as the OP suggests, I wouldn't even known it so he's probably not looking for a particular audience.

I agree with you.

Yeah haven’t seen where he said that either, honestly don’t care to look. I just don’t understand this scenario.

Person A: I’m oppressed in this situation.
Person B: Shut up, you’re not oppressed.
Person A: ...right.

Especially when Person B is an outsider to the situation.

I’m a white male for full disclosure. Anyways, like Forrest Gump says, “that’s all I have to say about that.” No need to stir the pot any more.

As I stated, haven't even seen the statement from LBJ. If it exists, as the OP suggests, I wouldn't even known it so he's probably not looking for a particular audience.
And here’s LeBron, creating division and pushing people further apart. If he uses his “pedestal” to rustle people, then he’s more pathetic than I thought.

It’s like so many things with social media and such today...there’s little to no thought with people and their opinions.

And here’s LeBron, creating division and pushing people further apart. If he uses his “pedestal” to rustle people, then he’s more pathetic than I thought.

It’s like so many things with social media and such today...there’s little to no thought with people and their opinions.

If the POTUS can do it on the Reg, I guess anyone can.

I agree with you.

He made it on some pod cast or some crap

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/lebron-james-blasts-slave-mentality-of-nfl-owners/

“In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality,” James said on “The Shop.” “And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the f–k I tell y’all to do. Or we get rid of y’all.’”
I would imagine that’s how James runs all of his companies. That’s pretty much how every business ever is run.

Surely he expects his employees to do what he tells them to do?

"In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams, and they got that slave mentality," James said during the episode. "And it's like, 'This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y'all to do or we get rid of y'all.'

"The players are who make the ship go. We make it go. Every Sunday, without Todd Gurleyand without Odell Beckham Jr., without those players, those guys, there is no football. And it's the same in the NBA."

Found the quote. Funny coming from the guy who loves to destroy teams by not letting people in charge of him due their job. Easy to say you are the talent and need control, yet have nothing invested. In Cleveland after getting rid of anyone decent and taking over the style of play he just leaves and leaves them hopeless.

My advice for LeBron (not all athletes): shut up and play.

I would love to be a “slave” if it meant I was paid millions of dollars...:rolleyes:

This word is thrown around far too often these days.
Notice he didn’t actually compare the players to slaves. He compared the owners to solace owners because of their “fall in line or you’re gone” mentality. Like they “own” the players that play for them.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
Nothing but words of a man that has never had to do an honest days work in his life. Has no idea what the real world is like. Coddled and entitled since he was 12.

I want a job (presumably it would have to be at one of his companies) where I don't have to do what the business owner tells me to do. Link?

Reactions: nm33091992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT