ADVERTISEMENT

Major disappointment on the horizon

rdf4ta

Starter
Aug 4, 2008
For one fanbase this weekend.

The bigger picture suggests there is a lot of football left to play, but I've been quite surprised how confident each fanbase seems in their team's odds to win this weekend.

Arkansas fans seem to believe the Hogs will run over A&M and close out the game this year to release the demons from the last two years. A&M fans believe their defense is a lot better, will limit the Hogs rushing game enough and wreak havoc off the edge when the Hogs try to pass.

Both teams make a strong case. I'm still leaning towards A&M having a few less question marks heading into this game. While their run defense isn't great, I haven't gotten the feeling the Hogs have really established the running game yet. RWIII has been solid, but we really need another threat (looking at Whaley) to emerge to help provide the steady punch needed for a dominant running game.

With that said, hopefully 3 spread teams in a row will help the Hogs considerably on defense. I'm not an X's and O's guru, but while watching the Tx St game live, it was the first time I looked at our defensive alignment with the extra DB and thought, "man, there's not a lot of wiggle room to throw the ball against this defense. It looks like a huge net."

Should be a huge game this weekend. I'll always be a little down when we lose, but I just hope we show up, give maximum effort and play smart. i can take a loss when the team leaves it out on the field, but it's easy to get fired up when you feel you lost because you didn't play your best.

The game goes to the team that plays the cleanest this weekend. If the Hogs limit big plays, tackle well in space, limit penalties and don't generate a ton of turnovers, we'll definitely put ourselves in a great position to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News