ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Exodus Happening on tMB

On one hand it’s a good idea because they had probably 500 or so crazy people posting on tMB. On the other hand, Rivals created that monster by allowing the MB to do whatever for 15 years. I’m sure tMB will live on...but I bet they just lost a LOT of subscribers.

Banned a lot of posters, removed a lot of threads, basically trying to follow in the footsteps of Twitter and other Big Tech programs.

However, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media networks are populated by either over active middle age individuals going through an identity crisis (Facebook) or left leaning narcissists who consider their word the next great American Novel (Twitter). Rivals community is a bunch of awkward dudes who like football. Trying to acquiesce to fit in, may alienate your membership.

This thread belongs on the main board.

Not your home board where @nikkichavanelle and @NWAHutch have zero control of activities on that board.

Trashing the rivals name over there and praise the Bert here are two different energies.

Let’s not impact the wallet of hard working individuals by tarnishing the brand name they associate themselves with over political views.

It’s a thread about tMB. The hell you talking about?

Hopefully this means less politics on the MB. It was fine when politics was sprinkled in here and there. But the MB had become a political board 1st and sports a distant 2nd.

I have to agree. While I engage in political threads, it’s just about all there is anymore. Then again, tMB isn’t really a sports board either.

This thread belongs on the main board.

Not your home board where @nikkichavanelle and @NWAHutch have zero control of activities on that board.

Trashing the rivals name over there and praise the Bert here are two different energies.

Let’s not impact the wallet of hard working individuals by tarnishing the brand name they associate themselves with over political views.

True, but it is something they should be aware of. I’m sure the rivals network talks every so often about how to improve the system. I’ve never been to the main board in my life but there are a lot of people who only use rivals for TMB. Just seems like a dangerous position to be in.

I can’t imagine anyone pays money JUST to post on tMB when so many other options exists. There are thousands of subreddits out there that are better than tMB.

but it does look like they are banning a lot of people. That place was like the Wild West.

The MB will survive, but this is what happens when you let recent college grads moderate adults... They may not always act like adults but that place is their escape from their real life, not the mods safe space where everyone gets participation trophies.

Hopefully this means less politics on the MB. It was fine when politics was sprinkled in here and there. But the MB had become a political board 1st and sports a distant 2nd.
Agreed. It was a semi self fulfilling prophecy. While political talk is device it also attracts attention...ie, more likes, comments, whatever.

You make a post about how W Morris transferring, you’ll probably get 5-10 comments either mocking the OP or Tennessee.

You make a post about some random twitter check Mark’s thoughts on censorship and it’s a 5 page minimum thread.

I have to agree. While I engage in political threads, it’s just about all there is anymore. Then again, tMB isn’t really a sports board either.

Yeah it was at its best when it was a locker room / sports bar vibe to it. Hopefully the new rules aren’t enforced strictly and it goes back to being more casual. The tone of the board had gotten pretty toxic.

I can’t imagine anyone pays money JUST to post on tMB when so many other options exists. There are thousands of subreddits out there that are better than tMB.

but it does look like they are banning a lot of people. That place was like the Wild West.
Half that board is banned from their home boards and only pays because of the MB. This will hurt rivals, but it usually builds back up.

Yeah, I’m probably going to unsubscribe from 247. If you mention Covid in a thread it gets deleted. If there’s a thread about it then it’s deleted. I don’t see how it’s political and unlike over here they won’t answer why the threads are deleted. People were trying to discuss and inform about the vaccines they were getting. Thread gets locked with 2 replies. After spending a week in the hospital that pissed me off. There’s a fine line between letting a board run crazy and being a damn nazi.

TMB has always been crazy. Fun to read though. If you get to strict people will leave.

Reactions: gibbyda

I think you’d be surprised how many are here for your first sentence. Could be wrong, but that’s the vibe I get on tMB a lot. That could absolutely be “tough guy talk,” because they actually like CFB insider talk...they just don’t want to admit it.

Yeah, I’m probably going to unsubscribe from 247. If you mention Covid in a thread it gets deleted. If there’s a thread about it then it’s deleted. I don’t see how it’s political and unlike over here they won’t answer why the threads are deleted. People were trying to discuss and inform about the vaccines they were getting. Thread gets locked with 2 replies. After spending a week in the hospital that pissed me off. There’s a fine line between letting a board run crazy and being a damn nazi.

TMB has always been crazy. Fun to read though. If you get to strict people will leave.

Oh yeah, mod team here is so much better.

I think you’d be surprised how many are here for your first sentence. Could be wrong, but that’s the vibe I get on tMB a lot. That could absolutely be “tough guy talk,” because they actually like CFB insider talk...they just don’t want to admit it.

yeah, I guess I can understand that. You can normally pick up a year subscription to Rivals for like $50/year. But they can do everything they want on Reddit for free.

I’ll say this, you guys here and @nikkichavanelle moderate pretty fairly and don’t over moderate. Good on you guys. You’ve created a place where MANY more people participate.

The old crew and now 247 over moderate everything and it’s just an echo chamber. only a handful participate and It’s a lame board. Joined and quit within 2 months

I’ll say this, you guys here and @nikkichavanelle moderate pretty fairly and don’t over moderate. Good on you guys. You’ve created a place where MANY more people participate.

The old crew and now 247 over moderate everything and it’s just an echo chamber. only a handful participate and It’s a lame board. Joined and quit within 2 months
I’m fighting the good fight over there. Many silent members over there have taken up arms as well. Become apart of the change

Does this have to do with possible changes to Section 230 in which companies might be held more liable for content posted on their websites/ platforms?

Does this have to do with possible changes to Section 230 in which companies might be held more liable for content posted on their websites/ platforms?
Yeah...but just spit balling here, but I think the push for section 230 alteration may backfire.

You make Twitter, rivals, Facebook...whomever...publishers, they’ll have to put mega restrictions of what you can and can’t say to avoid legal action, correct?

Reactions: Italian Arkie
I think with Trump gone the politics would go too. He was the entertainment.

People on TMB are nasty but the ability for people to say what they really think is kind of what makes it TMB. Homeboards are censored and kept on topic I think TMB should be what it wants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT