ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Morning Watch

jpenrod86

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2010
I like to go back and watch emotions removed. Hope it generates some discussion.

Overall thoughts:

OL will grade our well. Not sure why we complained about them so much.

Play Calling was really good. Probably 1 bad call and 2 questionable ones.

KJ missed on the big TD plays but glad we sustained some long drives. There was some impressive toughness there.

I would trade any of our RBs that played sat for Kent State Garcia. He was hard to tackle and hit the hole hard.

DL was good at times but it's Kent state. I still think they were media overrated but we will see.

RB room was our biggest issue in the 1st half. I agree with Sam we need some of those guys to grow up. Big dropoff from Rocket to the next guy IMO. AJ did some good things but also had the largest holes. I think Dom was the most consistent and what he offers as a blocker is impressive. Overall too many missed holes bad cuts and slow to the hole running.

Drive by drive offense:

1st Drive: AJ Green missed the hole, KJ threw high we punt.

2nd Drive: Hug hole Armstrong missed. KJ killed that man. KJ missed the deep ball(doesn't happen often). PI missed but another bad ball by KJ. Dropped ball by Wilson. Punt

3rd Drive: Dub bounced and missed a huge hole. Missed block 2&12. KJ holds ball too long gets sacked punt.

4th Drive: AJ hits a huge hole but too much stutter stepping. AJ hits another huge hole this time hard. AJ dances to loss of 2 with OL matched up fine. Screen they didn't fall for. KJ bad decision beautiful throw. AJ great run with huge push for TD bad spot. Delay of game but then KJ is KJ for a TD.

5th Drive: Huge Push good run. Half time.

6th Drive: Big hole good 5yd run. Low throw on a good screen call. Would have been a good gain. Big hole KJ runs out of bounds short of first for no reason. Missed assignment on OL(looks like Luke missed a call because he was the one not blocking anyone when his LB assignment shifted inside) and bad call to be in shotgun on 4&1.

7th Drive: pulling WR missed block and C gets dominated KJ dropped at los. Good hole 4 yards from dub. Good blocking Dom for 3. Great blocking KJ big gain. Decent blocking but little push small gain. Decent screen, small gain. All day to throw KJ forces one that works out(Tesla study). Huge push KJ to the 1. Good run TD.

8th Drive: Good RPO draw play. Good blocking Dom for 1st. Good screen. Another shotgun 3&1 but we get it. KJ holds way too long on a blitz and gets sacked(had an easy dump wide open). Missed block KJ almost sacked but he is studly and gains to 4&2. QB off tackle easy 1st. KJ overthrow TD on 2nd. Good 1st down throw. KJ underthrows a TD but PI. Great TD throw from KJ on the boot.

9th Drive: huge hole, AJ for 8. Big hole AJ for another 5. Good hole AJ for 4. Good hope Dub for 4(bad spot). Good hole dub goes out of bounds short of 1st? But late hit. Big hole dub for 8(another bad spot). Good run by dub 5 yd. Big hole 10yd run. Really bad draw play call when everyone k
new you were running loss of 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News