ADVERTISEMENT

Football Morris makes Mike Farrell's list of coaches that won't work

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-coaches-that-won-t-work-out-recruiting

Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Does anyone really think this is going to get better? In a world where buyouts didn't matter, would this even be a question? It could be time for the Vols to move on and find their next head coach.

Manny Diaz, Miami – This may seem a bit premature and arguably very unfair as Diaz is only five games into his stint at Miami, but he appears to be a better fit for a job like Temple, the job he had for a few weeks before leaving for the Hurricanes, than to re-invent The U.

Chip Kelly, UCLA Oregon was great, but Kelly has been a disaster since then with the Eagles and 49ers in the NFL and now the Bruins. His recruiting strategy is odd and getting blown out by Oregon State is a sign that this isn’t going anywhere.

Willie Taggart, Florida State – The Seminoles are about to lose to Clemson by about 30 or 40 points and Taggart has a losing record in two seasons in Tallahassee. Does anyone think this is going to turn around? Search deep inside yourself for the answer.

Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech – Yes, his team just beat Miami, which is a big reason why Diaz is on this list, but the Hokies are a shadow of their former selves and the players don’t seem to be fighting for their coach when things get down.

Jim Harbaugh, Michigan – This is always a controversial one, but I don’t believe in Harbaugh anymore and I wonder what Michigan fans think. Yes, the Wolverines beat Iowa, but the Wisconsin embarrassment was enough to show me they aren’t going to break through with Harbaugh at the helm.

Lovie Smith, Illinois – Let’s just call this what it is, a bad hire. Smith is now 4-25 in the Big Ten. Yep, you read that right.

Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – Arizona is 4-1 this season and 2-0 in the Pac-12 so why is Sumlin on this list? Because the Wildcats have beaten no one this year and losses are coming against Washington, USC, Stanford, Oregon, Utah and Arizona State. Last year was a joke and Sumlin was out coached often. I just don’t see this working out.

Clay Helton, USC – A 3-2 record isn’t good enough at USC and 35-19 overall is very bad for a program that can usually pick and choose in recruiting. Add in the fact that all the elite California players are leaving the state this year and you have a bad fit.

Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Recruiting has been OK, but when Missouri and Kentucky make better runs in the SEC East than the Gamecocks, it’s time to move on. Kentucky was better last year and Missouri is better this year and I’m not even talking about getting ahead of Georgia or Florida.

Chad Morris, Arkansas – He hasn’t won an SEC game yet and do we really see that win coming? If the Razorbacks don’t win at Kentucky, it will likely be a second-straight year without a conference win. And his record at SMU makes you wonder how he got hired in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News