ADVERTISEMENT

My bio and Q&A

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
It's been a crazy first two hours but finally.... here's a bit more about me.

I’m Nikki Chavanelle, the managing editor and lead reporter of your new site. I graduated from SMU with a degree in journalism and communication studies. I always knew I wanted to be a sports reporter so I went to a small school, worked my way up in the journalism school and eventually became both the executive producer of SMU’s sports show and associate sports editor of the paper.

After I graduated from SMU, I freelanced for DallasCowboys.com covering OTA’s and training camp before accepting a fulltime position at an editorial website covering running for ACTIVE.com. I worked at ACTIVE for a year while continuing to run the SMU site, but eventually decided it was time to go head-first back into fulltime sports reporting.

I was approached by Rivals to move over to the Arkansas site because of my experience and relationships with the new football staff and I can’t wait to develop the same relationships with the basketball staff as well to provide HawgBeat subscribers with the most accurate, up to date coverage of the Razorbacks. I’m so excited to be working with Andrew Hutchinson, who is a walking history book, so we can provide you all with well-rounded, in-depth coverage. I can’t promise I’ll always have the immediate answers to your questions but I’m a quick study and I promise I’ll get right on my sources and get back to you as soon as I can. As much as I would love to jump right in and start giving my view on the Hogs, I won't insult you all and claim to know it all but every minute I'm not writing or answering message board posts, I'll be studying. I've been covering Razorback recruiting behind the scenes for about a month now so I feel confident and prepared for your recruiting questions.

Some personal bits about me: I’m originally from Houston. I grew up watching UT, the Texans and the Patriots (you can thank my Dad for that). In my spare time, I like to run and adventure with my dog (Zeke). I’m brand new to Fayetteville so hit my inbox nikki@hawgbeat.com with tips, suggestions, cautionary tales, all that jazz. Also, please never hesitate to reach out to me with comments, story ideas, events you want covered, compliments or praise (just kidding).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News