ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Notes, quotes, injury updates from Dave Van Horn at Swatter's Club

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021

Arkansas Razorbacks baseball head coach Dave Van Horn met with the Swatter's Club for the final time of the season Monday and he had plenty to say about injuries, Dominic Fletcher's major league debut and much more...

Injury Updates​

Dylan Carter

Carter pitched one inning during Thursday's win over Texas A&M and Van Horn said when Carter got back to the dugout, he was in a lot of pain.

"The first MRI came back negative," Van Horn said. "That means no tear. But he's having it done today, another MRI today with the dye...If there's any kind of tear, it's going to find it. It's going to go to it and it'll show it. So we'll know 100% on him.

"Right now, it's kind of a UCL update. We just think it could be just like an ulnar nerve. And if that's the case, best case scenario, we might get him back in a week or two. Maybe more towards two, but it's not six weeks."

Jared Wegner

Wegner has been dealing with a broken thumb that he suffered in the first inning of the April 11 game against Little Rock.

"He got his cast off," Van Horn said. "He had his cast on for 10 days. Getting the pins out a week from today. This is what I was told — and he's tough as nails, believe me — when he gets those pins out, it's all up to him and how much pain he can tolerate. I imagine he'll be playing Monday afternoon."

Van Horn said they hope Wegner will be able to play against South Carolina, but if not, for sure against Vanderbilt.

Tavian Josenberger

Josenberger suffered a hamstring injury — which Van Horn later said was a "Grade 1" — during the April 22 loss at Georgia. On when they might get Josenberger back:

"Not this weekend, maybe not South Carolina, but probably for sure Vandy," Van Horn said. "We'll see how it turns out. That's just the way it is physically for him. He's kind of tight there. He's been working really hard to get right."

Peyton Stovall

Van Horn said that second baseman Peyton Stovall has been playing with a "banged up" shoulder for six-to-eight weeks. He said Stovall won't play in Tuesday's game against Lipscomb.

"Like I mentioned, he won't play," Van Horn said. "First time he'll pick up a ball will probably be Thursday night or maybe game day Friday. He can take ground balls. I don't know if we'll have him hit much. He'll go with us tomorrow on the trip but he won't throw or hit. He'll just be there for the team. Hopefully we can get him right. He just wants to be healthy. He's just really frustrated."

CONTINUE READING HERE FOR MORE INJURY UPDATES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News