ADVERTISEMENT

*** OAKLAWN SATURDAY THREAD ***

jollyboyz

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2008
This is a pretty brutal card with a lot of full fields with depth in them. 7 outta the 9 races have full fields of 12. Makes it tougher to connect, but it love cards like this since I am a Pick 3, 4, and 5 kinda guy. I do like a few horses at solid odds including my Best Bet of the Day at 12-1ML, so I'll be trying my best to point y'all in the right direction for a big score.

RACE 1 - 3 4 6 12 2

#3 Catfeinated is my top selection in the opener. I am expecting a big effort from him 2nd off a 10 month layoff. Also it's only a matter of time before MidWest Thoroughbreds and Brueggeman start to get hot. #4 Wild Target and #6 Now and Zen are the next two. Two horses you gotta use at good odds is #12 Prospect Knight and #2 Fine Cognac. They aren't as consistent as my other 3, but both are capable of running the fastest number in the field. Watch #12's odds early and see what happens. Something tells me I'll be getting a tip on this horse from 3 different people. Has the look of one of those.

RACE 2 - 1A 9 10 11 6

I'm taking #1A Angel Lovely on top in the 2nd race, and will gladly accept #1 Givemyheartasmile as insurance. If she can get back to running the numbers she was at Churchill last fall she should get the job done. That's a big IF, but considering I get two for the price of one and both come from good barns I'm fine taking that risk. After that I have a hard time separating the rest. Very similar horses. I do get the feeling that with Bridgmohan jumping aboard #9 Eco Star that she is spotted for a win. I almost put #9 as my top pick in this race, but her sheet numbers just aren't there, so I put her 2nd. With that said I wouldn't be surprised to see her pop a career best effort with the drop in class. After that I preferred 10 11 and 6, but something about the 7 sticks out to me. Idk what it is, but I have a feeling she could be very live at big odds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News