ADVERTISEMENT

OC News. Not Breaking though.

ronron06

Starter
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2007
Maumelle
I’ve said time to time that I have a couple average sources. Nothing I’d refer to as good or great, but reliable enough to call them a source.

anyways. I don’t really even dig for info, I just kinda stumble upon it time to time. But with a guy who is connected pretty decently, we had a conversation tonight that casually turned into the OC chat. And I just jokingly asked them how it’s all gone down. And he straight up just put it out there.

now he has no reason to lie. Not saying what he says is 100% true. But he’s close to all of this and has a pretty good track record in my book.

anyways, he told me according to his(closet source) the original “short list”, consisted of Larry Fedora, Chip Long, Rich Rodriguez, Rhett Lashlee, Kendal Briles, Major Applewhite, and Brent Dearmon. And that they ultimately didn’t prefer to mess with a “Crafty veteran” at the OC position. aka Rodriguez and Fedora.

Among the other 5, Dearmon was apparently looked at like the dark horse. The other 4 seemed to be taken more serious. Feelers were put out to those 4 guys. Long, Applewhite, and Briles apparently responded with interest, while Lashlee apparently didn’t have much interest. So, the other 3 got brought in for interviews. And like I’m sure you all know, I was also told that two interviews went really well and one didn’t go as well as the other two. Chip Long was the not so great one.

this is what he was lead to believe by a guy closer to all this than he is. These guys are not idiots. I can promise you that.

Final point being. It’s VERY likely our next OC is without a doubt Kendal Briles or Major Applewhite.

If this info is indeed accurate, I’d think either one of those two would be a huge hire at OC. Texas ties all day.

NONE OF THIS is even remotely confirmed. Just a guy pretty close to all this that has been right more than he has been wrong for sure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News