ADVERTISEMENT

**Official pre-fall Arkansas season predictions**

RileyMcFerran

Managing editor
Staff
Mar 30, 2019
Lavaca, AR
Not doing a story on this until closer to season kick off, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there on how I see this season going as things stand before fall camp and also wanted to get everyone else's thoughts.

vs UAPB - W. Like most Week 1 matchups for the Hogs, this will serve as a "shake-off-the-rust" moment for a team with new faces on both sides of the ball. I think Taylen Green will make some fans "ooh and aah" in this one.

at Oklahoma State - L. It's tough to go on the road and beat good football teams. Arkansas has done it against Big 12 competition before in TCU during the Bielema era, but I don't see it happening this time. It's close, but Green showcases some rawness and the defense can't stop OSU's o-line with Ollie Gordon running behind it.

vs UAB - W. This isn't some pushover game, as UAB will be looking to prove something in their second year in the AAC. It might be interesting for a half, but Arkansas pulls away for a comfortable victory at home.

at Auburn - L. Second year for Hugh Freeze, and the Hogs haven't fared well on the road against the Tigers. If Auburn didn't have a track record of catching every possible break against Arkansas, I may have picked a different outcome.

vs Texas A&M - L. I think Mike Elko is a good coach, and A&M has the talent to win some games this season. As always, this will be a close, hard fought game. But like so many times before, it won't be enough in the end for Arkansas.

vs Tennessee - L. Yeaaaah, this one is tough. Tennessee is expected to be a top-15 type team this season and five-star freshman QB Nico Iamaleava should be acclimated by now. Not to mention, the Volunteers have a bye week before traveling to Fayetteville.

BYE

vs LSU - W.
Yep, I'm calling it now, Arkansas will beat LSU. The Hogs should've done it last year in Baton Rouge, but I think with their backs against the wall, they get it done. With Jayden Daniels not there to save the day, Taylen Green has a big performance to get the Golden Boot back.

at MSU - W. Two wins a row??? Look, Arkansas had every reason to beat the Bulldogs in 2024, but the offense let them down in literally every way possible. I think it'll be better this time around, and Ja'Quinden Jackson pulls a 2016 Rawleigh Williams with a masterful performance in Starkville.

vs Ole Miss - L. Back to reality. Lane Kiffin and the Rebels are vying for a playoff berth, and he's not going to let the Hogs stop him from getting there.

BYE

vs Texas - L.
I don't think we'll get a 2021 repeat here. Texas will be a top team in the country, and the Longhorns will have revenge on their mind against a beaten up Arkansas squad. The Hogs keep it close for 2.5 quarters, Texas wins by double-digits in the end.

vs LA Tech - W. Not much explaining needed here. Arkansas should and must win this game.

at Missouri - L. The last chance for bowl eligibility naturally comes against Drinkwitz and Missouri. The contrast between these two programs couldn't be greater right now, and I think the former Arkansas HS coach gets one more last laugh against Sam Pittman to close out a disappointing 2024 campaign.

5-7, 2-6 SEC

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News