ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, who else was fooled into thinking the BB team was fixed

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
Just to find out it is the same old same. They will have runs here and there but, when it comes NCAAT time, it is next year and off to the NIT.

hahahaha, I wasn't! Fool me once, twice, thrice, fice, fivce, sixce, sevice, eightice, nice but you WILL not fool me a 10th time!!!! I said before the season began that I was not going to get up on this team until they proved that they could win consistantly against quality opponents....no more falling for the hammering of the little guys hype!!!!!

Personally,I think this team is in fact better than we have had lately, but, not anywhere near a top ten team. I think that early ranking hurt both fans and players, but if this team does in fact learn as the season progresses, it will be a NCAA team, but not very highly ranked. Which means of course, forget the final 8 or even 16, but making the tourney is doable.

I was certainly fooled.

What a boring, bad Clemson team that was... and we can't even beat THOSE guys on the road? No excuse for losing to that team...

I mean I get the Iowa St. loss - sometimes you just run into a team on their home court that can't miss a shot blindfolded - that's life.

But Clemson???

C'MON MAN!!!

A team usually reflects their coaches personality. It looks to me that Anderson is standing by the bench hoping that someone does something positive. Nolan would be barking at his kids. I still feel we don't having basketball players but just athletes. I've played in pick up games where I saw people who were fluid and confident shooters and I don't see that with this team so far.

Arkansas has been a poor shooting team for 95% of my life. Just because you can jump and run fast doesn't mean you're a good basketball player. I don't know what they look at when they go watch someone play in high school, but if you can't shoot by the time you're 18, it ain't gonna happen. The concept of putting the ball through the hole has been lost at Arkansas for a long time. They just throw the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock runs down and then somebody jacks one off the rim from 30 feet. Been watching that for 15 years now. I'm 30 by the way.

Let me add that I think that any team with a little patience and good ball movement will get a wide open shot on pretty much every possession against our defense. It's just up to them to make it but I guarantee it'll be a wide open look.

I also think the days of wearing the other team down are over. As long as both teams get 5 timeouts and 4 tv timeouts per half, no one gets exhausted. Our system simply makes them play a little faster than they are used to which takes about 5-10 minutes to adjust to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT