ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Family Genetics

Bryant Hog fan

Letterman
Jun 30, 2009
I always find it interesting to see how genetics will run in a family. I have a really good friend in Abilene, Texas, that is 3 to 5 years older than me. He and his twin brother played football for TCU in the '60's. His oldest son, when he graduated from high school was 6'5" and 290,and played OT at Baylor. His other son was only 6'3" and about 255-260, and he played DT at Abilene Christian. Their baby, a girl, was only about 5'10", and she married a guy that played OT at Abilene Christian (with her brother). But it is with the grandkids that the story gets really interesting, The younger of the two boys, has a son that is 6'3" and 290, who plays OG-C for the Longhorns. His younger brother is a senior this year at Abilene High, is 6'5" and 260, that plays tight end and H-back (Rice. Air Force, and some others like that are looking at him). The oldest son has a daughter who will probably enroll at the University of Arkansas this fall, but she is not the athlete. Her little brother is a 9th grader, that will start (I think) for his high school team -- he is only 6'6" and 275. But the star of the group is the 9th grade granddaugher, who's mother was the sister of the family. She is 6'4", and was just chosen at one of the top 24 9th and 10th grade volleyball players in the country, and was invited to try out for the USA youth team that will compete in the Continental (?) Championships in Puerto Rico. A multitude of schools have let her know that they will offer: Penn State, Nebraska, all the Big 12, and all the SEC (except Arkansas and South Carolina). It is just staggering to me that one family can have that much size, and talent. I know that this has nothing to do with the Razorback, except that we might have an "in", to at least get the two ninth graders to talk to the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News