ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I Hate People

Royal Fortune

Signee
Dec 8, 2015
Dallas, Tx
I keep a 1983 jeep renegade CJ7 in my garage and since I live in Texas I take it out pretty much only when the weather permits. I just spent several hundred bucks on fixing it up after letting it sit for the winter/spring and I've been getting away with driving it around sunset or at night to run some small errands once or twice a week. I keep the doors and top off because it's still pretty damn hot out.

Here's what happened:

I went with two of my best friends to the grocery store tonight to grab some beer and football food for tomorrow. Opening college football Saturday is essentially a holiday for us for as long as I can remember. It's about midnight on our way back (yes we went late) and we're passing a particularly dark length of road in Plano that runs along a field and some woods. A kid maybe in high school or college with long hair (it was dark, I didn't get a great view of him) sprints across the street about 30 yards ahead of me. We're going 45 mph and I barely saw him cross and just assumed he was a late night runner out for some exercise. He starts walking up the street the same way we are heading and right as we are about to pass him the POS threw a giant piece of concrete as hard as he could and it smashed my windshield and showered my friend in the passenger seat with shards of glass. I slowed for a moment but pretty quickly decided to keep driving because none of us were carrying and we had no idea if he was trying to intentionally hurt us, if he was on drugs, had a weapon, etc.

With no doors or top on the vehicle it really freaks me out to think what could have happened had he hit me or my buddies instead of my windshield. I'm a lighthearted person that jokes around constantly and I'm rarely angry but man WTF. I don't get it. Why? Here's a picture of the damage. I also included a picture of the jeep from last fall just for the stories sake.

hBh27z

Last edited:
Reactions: Mass31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News