ADVERTISEMENT

Post-signing frenzy recap

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019
After what felt like a doom and gloom week, the Hogs actually fared quite well, given the circumstances. They fought off other schools looking to poach more than just Hamm, Tease and Johnson, and signed a pretty good class. I was told a few days ago that at least one of the guys who signed today was "guaranteed to flip," so the head Hog did well.

I'm still on the lookout for Adam Hopkins to announce. Last we heard Arkansas was in a good spot with him, but Colorado also likes where they're at too.

The loss of Tease hurts, sure, but with the transfer portal these days, wide receiver feels like one of the easier spots to patch up. If they can pick up another couple solid receivers, some more defensive linemen, and a few more defensive backs, they're actually not in a bad spot, all things considered.

Keeping Hasz is huge. I still like Arkansas' chances to keep Easter as long as he doesn't up and commit somewhere in the next three days.

Still looking out for the Harris twins who decommitted from UCF, but I wouldn't get my hopes up they sign today. Maryland has been on them, but outside of a commitment from them today the best thing that can happen for the Hogs is they wait until February to sign so Travis Williams gets a chance to get them to visit before they make a decision.

I'll do some more digging now that most of the signings are done and see where the Hogs are at from a scholarship standpoint. Remember there's no scholarship counter this year, so they just need to stay at that 85-man limit.

We'll get to talk to Pittman this afternoon too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News