ADVERTISEMENT

Qualls' 15 points today made him the 37th Hog to reach 1,000 points

Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

All-American
Apr 3, 2007
in a career as a Hog. He needed 15 to reach the milestone, and that's exactly what he got. Added 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. This guy should be 1st team All SEC, but probably gets 2nd team.

* Was proud the way Bell hung in there today. Had two terrible turnovers in the first half, and MA sat his ass down for awhile after the 2nd one, but it seemed like every time LSU stretched the lead, Bell responded with a big 3. He also had 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 2 steals today -- the second was huge late in the game when we were down 3. He played 23 minutes, 7 more than Beard (who struggled for the 4th straight game), but for me, we are better when Beard is playing well than we are when Bell is hitting some 3s.

* AH was not on the floor enough today. Or maybe there should have been more Kingsley in lieu of JW, but something's got to give here. AH took some questionable shots in the first half, especially early in some shot clocks, but I thought he was so much better than Jacorey. Harris with 10 points, including a perfect 6-of-6 from the FT line, and 2 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks with ZERO turnovers. He had a decent final home game.

* Madden with 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists, and ZERO turnovers today, but he and the rest of our guards got destroyed off the dribble and were slow to close out on shooters. The energy just wasn't there for most of our guys, and I hate it that Madden goes out with a L on senior day.

* BP -- 21 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. Even in a loss, those are SEC POY numbers. Crying shame that the offense did not run through him on that last possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News