ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Hambone and others

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
I admit I do not remember anything about the reasons given for creating Fannie Mae and Mac, but I assume I know the basic argument for it being done.

But I see that in effect, both are being done away with and I just wonder how you feel about that in general.

I frankly think they may have been a factor in the disaster of 2008 and see no need for either to exist. But I just wonder how conservtives feel about it in general and the passing of both. As a basic liberal, I think they are not needed and may have never been, but I think I understand they came about.

Depression Era program set up to help during a time of crisis.

But like all things liberal, once established, they live forever. There's a tax on your monthly phone bill put there in 1898 to pay for the Spanish-American War. That war was long paid for, but democrats refuse to allow that tax to be repealed.

Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Sallie Mae should be killed and a stake driven through their heart so they can never come back.

Plus, we do not need a Department of Labor, a Surgeon General, Small Business Administration(makes loans to rich individuals who then do not pay the money back. Bill Clinton stole $300,000.00 to cover the losses in White Water) a Transportation Department, a Department of Education, a Department of Energy and an Agriculture Department(there are more people working for the USDA than there are FARMERS in America).

Any vital function on a national level could easily be carried out by the FDA, NRC, NTRB, and Dept. of the Interior. Most of the real work is done on a state and local level, done far cheaper and more efficiently.

Anytime the Federal Government intrudes into the Private Sector, they louse it up(RE Obamacare)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT