ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thoughts on BBall

RazorAg

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
I couldn't stop smiling as we were coming back and after the game the other night. Obviously, I was thrilled that we pulled it out, but the smile was also one that represented, "damn, they just keep pulling these games out while looking like a bad team for long stretches."

My last long post on the team focused on the team being right where they should be despite inconsistent quality of play. And, they remain exactly in the same spot.

I saw a "don't get too high or too low" post yesterday, I think, and some of you remember that I've posted that cliche phrase many times over the years regarding our basketball teams. I think it's an especially good approach this season.

We're still pretty fragile, I think. The SEC is wilder than ever this year with all of the road wins, some of great margin.

Our grit, heart and mental toughness at the end of games have pulled us through. And, those attributes may continue to overcome our weaknesses. But, I'd sure love to see more consistent quality of play. It would make me feel a whole lot better!

That said, carry on with the bottom line, Hogs! Okie State can't guard anyone. Of course, we're only slightly better in that category and unfortunately, Okie State is one of the best in the nation in scoring it. We can lose it and still be ok. Don't get too low if we do...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News