ADVERTISEMENT

Read a Sign

SWCHog

Signee
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2012
I was out Christmas shopping today when I read a sign that made me stop and give pause. The sign said, "We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we give." The most life changing words I have ever heard: "For God so loved the world that He gave ...." Fellow Razorbacks and Razorback Fans, from my family to you and yours, "Merry Christmas."

In before the atheist tells us how dumb we are

I don't believe you are dumb but its fair to say your idea's are very dumb

You're welcome to believe whatever you want but religion should ALWAYS be questioned, criticized and critiqued. Its justifiable to support Democrat vs republican, Macintosh vs Windows etc etc... But to have an opinion on how the universe began....no that's holy. People are afraid to challenge religion because some may find it offensive but people should always question ideas

Religion teaches people to be satisfied with super natural non-explanations and blinds them from real explanations that are in our grasp.
1. Nothing should be immune to criticism and good idea's don't need to be free from scrutiny. People deserve respect, their idea's do not.

2. Its very important to teach the babble, immoral teachings and sickening context in bible so that people do not take It as literally true. These radical ideas are dangerous to the human race as we are seeing in our modern day.

Happy Cookie Monstermas!! have a great new year!!

In before the atheist tells us how dumb we are!

You're welcome to believe whatever you want but religion should ALWAYS be questioned, criticized and critiqued. Its justifiable to support Democrat vs republican, Macintosh vs Windows etc etc... But to have an opinion on how the universe began....no that's holy. People are afraid to challenge religion because some may find it offensive but that's never a good reason to avoid it

Religion teaches people to be satisfied with super natural non-explanations and blinds them from real explanations that are in our grasp.
1. Nothing should be immune to criticism and good idea's don't need to be free from scrutiny. People deserve respect, their idea's do not.

2. Its very important to teach the babble, immoral teachings and sickening context in bible so that people do not take It as literally true. These radical ideas are dangerous to the human race as we are seeing in our modern day.

Reactions: The Baconator

You're welcome to believe whatever you want but religion should ALWAYS be questioned, criticized and critiqued. Its justifiable to support Democrat vs republican, Macintosh vs Windows etc etc... But to have an opinion on how the universe began....no that's holy. People are afraid to challenge religion because some may find it offensive but that's never a good reason to avoid it

I've never understood this. It's your prerogative to not believe, but what kind of arrogance does it take to mock it? If you are so confident in your belief that God is a farce, you would think you wouldn't waste your time talking about it at all.

I have a feeling someday you will believe, hope it is not to late for you when you do! Merry Christmas and God Bless!!

I'm agnostic and I doubt there's very many people on this board that can match my charity contributions or time involved. It has nothing to do with her religious beliefs.

I've never understood this. It's your prerogative to not believe, but what kind of arrogance does it take to mock it? If you are so confident in your belief that God is a farce, you would think you wouldn't waste your time talking about it at all.

If you are so confident that God is real, you wouldn't waste your time talking about it at all.

See how that goes both ways?

Merry Christmas.

I have a feeling someday you will believe, hope it is not to late for you when you do! Merry Christmas and God Bless!!

I have a feeling someday you will think for yourself with logic and reason. You will then have everything to live for and nothing to die for. Hope it's not to late for you when u do! Have a great holiday and happy new year

I have a feeling someday you will think for yourself with logic and reason. You will then have everything to live for and nothing to die for. Hope it's not to late for you when u do! Have a great holiday and happy new year
Umm that's why it's called faith. And study show that non-believers do far less charity than believers. Meaning time and money. I've never seen a atheist soup kitchen. Or a team of atheist showing up after tornadoes or hurricanes helping to rebuild or handing out food. What do y'all do besides mock Christians? And why don't y'all mock Muslims??? I've yet to see this. Are y'all bullies and mock Christians (but not Muslims) because Christians won't cut y'all heads off like Muslims?

And I don't recall you replying to my reading to 10 commandments challenge. If you did I missed it. If not, which one of the Ten Commandments is harmful to oneself or others?????

Umm that's why it's called faith. And study show that non-believers do far less charity than believers. Meaning time and money. I've never seen a atheist soup kitchen. Or a team of atheist showing up after tornadoes or hurricanes helping to rebuild or handing out food. What do y'all do besides mock Christians? And why don't y'all mock Muslims??? I've yet to see this. Are y'all bullies and mock Christians (but not Muslims) because Christians won't cut y'all heads off like Muslims?

And I don't recall you replying to my reading to 10 commandments challenge. If you did I missed it. If not, which one of the Ten Commandments is harmful to oneself or others?????

I would need to see those studies. Modern social just warriors are notoriously not religious, yet contribute time, money, medical care, housing, etc.

Yet regardless of that, debating who is more charitable is absurd. Religion and charity are not exclusive to one another and they do not validate eachother.

On a personal note, I mock everyone. Generalizations are not how you argue. You're painting with too broad a brush.

Happy Kwanzaa.

Reactions: martiyoman

my 14 year old son got $100 from one of his grandmothers for Christmas last week he went with me, spent 37 of those dollars on crossword puzzles and word search books at the dollar store and we're handing them out at nursing homes this weekend. We're both Agnostic. What have you done this week sir?

What? No one has ever said we had the worst wide receivers in the SEC.
that was your argument until this year played out. I'm pretty sure those quotes can easily be found.

I would need to see those studies. Modern social just warriors are notoriously not religious, yet contribute time, money, medical care, housing, etc.

Yet regardless of that, debating who is more charitable is absurd. Religion and charity are not exclusive to one another and they do not validate eachother.

On a personal note, I mock everyone. Generalizations are not how you argue. You're painting with too broad a brush.

Happy Kwanzaa.
its only absurd to the ones that don't give or do charity. Of course you that argument ignored. If I wasn't on the phone I would link it. The purpose of Christianity is charity and to be a good stuart in your community. Not sure that's even debatable.

And don't be jealous, y'all have Groundhog Day and St Patty's day coming up!

that was your argument until this year played out. I'm pretty sure those quotes can easily be found.

its only absurd to the ones that don't give or do charity. Of course you that argument ignored. If I wasn't on the phone I would link it. The purpose of Christianity is charity and to be a good stuart in your community. Not sure that's even debatable.

And don't be jealous, y'all have Groundhog Day and St Patty's day coming up!

The purpose of being a decent human being involves charity and being beneficial to your community.

Convenient to reference a study and not link it. Figures.

my 14 year old son got $100 from one of his grandmothers for Christmas last week he went with me, spent 37 of those dollars on crossword puzzles and word search books at the dollar store and we're handing them out at nursing homes this weekend. We're both Agnostic. What have you done this week sir?
1. Is granny Christian? If so would you mock her for celebrating a pagan holiday by giving your son that $100?
2. Only work work 36 hours since Monday with 12 more to do tonight.
3. Gave my girl $600 to finish Christians shopping (wish I have it like that as a kid)
4. Your son isn't agnostic. He's 14. All he knows is what you're telling him. He hasn't lived long enough to know what he is.

1. Is granny Christian? If so would you mock her for celebrating a pagan holiday by giving your son that $100?
2. Only work work 36 hours since Monday with 12 more to do tonight.
3. Gave my girl $600 to finish Christians shopping (wish I have it like that as a kid)
4. Your son isn't agnostic. He's 14. All he knows is what you're telling him. He hasn't lived long enough to know what he is.
In other words you don't practice what you preach. Got it.

Reactions: HogPocket9455
The purpose of being a decent human being involves charity and being beneficial to your community.

Convenient to reference a study and not link it. Figures.
last time I checked we can't link while on the phone. Has that changed?? All you have to do is Google. Google works for everyone, not just me. And to be honest, that's common sense. I knew that without reading the study.

Oh and St Patrick's day is a Christian holiday. Emphasis on the word Saint.
whats your point???

In other words you don't practice what you preach. Got it.
You didn't answer my questions?

I answered yours. You asked what I've done this week. My week starts on Monday. Sorry I didn't squeeze in handing out puzzles after working 12 hours a day. Maybe my charity was giving my girl money to buy our 2 older kids Christmas stuff since their biological dad didn't give her money to buy them anything? She's a stay at home mom.

Maybe I'm "granny" and your the "stay at home mom?"

last time I checked we can't link while on the phone. Has that changed?? All you have to do is Google. Google works for everyone, not just me. And to be honest, that's common sense. I knew that without reading the study.

whats your point???

Last I checked phones can copy and paste. It's not my responsibility to provide a source for your comments. But because it's Christmas, according to philanthropy.com, 65% of people that identify as religious give charitably, compared to 56% that don't identify as religious. The study had a 8% margin of error. I'll let you decide what that means.

To your response to @Mr.Razorback, if his kid isn't agnostic at 14, your kid isn't Christian at whatever age she is. Indoctrination is a two way street.

Again, Merry Christmas. And remember that in this thread, you were the one that cast the first stone. If you want the reason for your holiday to be remembered and cherished, I suggest you not derail a benign Christmas thread.

Last I checked phones can copy and paste. It's not my responsibility to provide a source for your comments. But because it's Christmas, according to philanthropy.com, 65% of people that identify as religious give charitably, compared to 56% that don't identify as religious. The study had a 8% margin of error. I'll let you decide what that means.

To your response to @Mr.Razorback, if his kid isn't agnostic at 14, your kid isn't Christian at whatever age she is. Indoctrination is a two way street.

Again, Merry Christmas. And remember that in this thread, you were the one that cast the first stone. If you want the reason for your holiday to be remembered and cherished, I suggest you not derail a benign Christmas thread.
No stones were thrown by me. You took it upon yourself to throw them (especially with your kwanza comment.) I've seen plenty of post by atheist calling Christians stupid or dumb and mocking them in previous threads. That's not even debatable. You didn't have to respond to a general statement but you felt obligated to.

The ones that throw stones can call any general statement "provocative" just so they can rain judgement.

Is there an atheist here telling you you're dumb? Let me be the first to apologize, as an atheist, and say like all religious sects, there are crazies that make the rest look bad. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Sorry I didn't notice this earlier but you deserve credit for this. What a guy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

In before the atheist tells us how dumb we are!

Provocative and unsolicited. This was the first reply to the entire thread. This is the stone you threw that derailed a benign Merry Christmas thread. You are the one that sought self aggrandizement instead of recognition of your God, savior, and holiday. That is selfish and despicable by anyones standards. Justify it to yourself however you want, but you were selfish.

You are doing mental gymnastics. Impose martyrdom on yourself all you like, but I am finished with this conversation.

Reactions: martiyoman
Provocative and unsolicited. This was the first reply to the entire thread. This is the stone you threw that derailed a benign Merry Christmas thread. You are the one that sought self aggrandizement instead of recognition of your God, savior, and holiday. That is selfish and despicable by anyones standards. Justify it to yourself however you want, but you were selfish.

You are doing mental gymnastics. Impose martyrdom on yourself all you like, but I am finished with this conversation.
Lol I have no idea what your talking about so I'm going to calm you down by saying

MERRY CHRISTMAS 9455!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT