ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Recruits give thoughts on Arkansas' Sweet Sixteen birth

jacksoncollier

Hawgbert Financial Expert
Staff
Dec 22, 2018
Little Rock, AR
Still hearing back from some guys and some of these will have some more to add, as well, but I figured we'd start off this Tuesday morning of no basketball with some nice words from some top prospects.

Class of 2022:

Derrian Ford: "They are playing great. I love their defensive intensity and how they kept playing through adversity. It seems that they all have the same goal and that is to win."

On freshmen playing in the biggest game of the year: "It just shows the trust the staff has in the freshmen and that they're ready for that type of moment."

Aidan Shaw: "I'm excited for them. It makes a statement [starting three freshmen] that he [Muss] is playing who he believes will get it done no matter their class/age."

Braeden Moore: "I watched the [Texas Tech] game and very impressed with their style of play and with Coach Musselman."

On starting three freshmen: "I love it and the fact they're open to playing whoever is the best fit for that game situation."

Jordan Walsh: "I feel like Coach Muss along with his staff did a great job preparing their team for the challenges of the tournament. Glad to see they will play anyone they feel like they can win with."

Colin Smith: "That's big time. It's been a while. Speaks on the work they have put in."

Rylan Griffen: "It's cool to see [making the sweet sixteen]. I really like how Coach Musselman keeps in contact. He's a good guy and I'm happy to see his program doing well... I think they have an elite shot at making the elite 8 and maybe further."

On freshmen playing: “Yea it is [impressive]. They have the opportunity and they took advantage of it.”

Also added that being trusted early and early playing time play a factor in his decision.

Class of 2023:

Layden Blocker: "It's a big accomplishment for Coach Musselman and the team to make it to the Sweet 16. If they keep working and improving they can unlock more potential."

On freshmen: "It shows that he trusts them and plays the best players to win no matter if they are freshmen."

On the team's history: "No, I don't know much about those days but I heard stories about when Corliss and Coach Thurman played."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News