ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits need to Recruit

glewis52

Letterman
Dec 24, 2004
Does anyone feel like our recruits could be our best recruiters? I lvoe Arkansas football and I think that the players who have experienced it would feel the same way. We need our recruits to help us. Marcus Shaver did the best job of it last year trying to get guys to hop on our wagon but I think we need more of it. Felix Jones from Tulsa should help us try and get Rashad Jones the number 2 safety in America. They have the same alst name and went to same HS so I don't know if they are brothers but they played for the same Team. We need our recruits to really help us and push for our program. I was wondering is it "legal" to take players on recruiting trips with you just so they can have an impact. If i was a player I'd have no problem going with a coach to checkout a recruit. A lot of these players want to be coaches later anyways so wouldn't that be a good experience and it might help us. I don't know if that's allowed though but regardless we have good recruiters you hear every recruit say that coach Chris Vaughn or whoever he's a nice guy, so we have good recruiters but I think having 1st hand experience would be beneficial and i'd like to see not challenging them to do more of it. I'd have no problem with my coach telling me to show support for our school and make us better down the road by helping us recruit. I think it would show great support and commitment from our guys towards our team.
Anyways those are my thoguhts on our football recruiting.
Basketball- I'm pretty upset with the recruiting that was done this year. I'm not a big Sean McCurdy fan. He can shoot as well as I'd like and I just don't see him being a big impact. I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think we did well considering this: Many of the top 100 kids had us on their lists respectively yet none of them signed with us. McGowan is our ebst recruit but he's a big man and we have good young big men but no one to get them the ball. Sometimes I feel sorry for Brewer because he gives his whole heart yet his support is never consistent. That includes Modica, Famutimi, and Townes not to mention what a bust Al Jefferson seemed to be until that dunk I think in the SEC tournement and then I don't think he scored again. Anyways not impressed and I think Stan better do something this year even with a mediocre but young team or we'll be looking for a replacement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News