ADVERTISEMENT

So this came out about Peyton Manning...

It was proven that Peyton lied continuously
Exactly. I mean I like them both BUT I love Peyton. He is a great guy and a great ambassador but he is human too. To bash Cam over something so simple is asinine.

Last edited:
Reactions: HogTime
Have y'all really not heard this story? I've heard every detail (important to note it's her side) many times over the years. It's not the only skeleton in his closet. Impossible to know how much of it is actually true, but obviously something inappropriate happened.

Also, the reason it's not a big story is that it happened 20 years ago. It's been reported many times before. People bring up Cam Newton. The day after the Super Bowl, the media didn't go crazy over the laptop deal. Why not? Bevause it happened 8 years ago and has been covered many times before.

I'm not saying it's less bad because it's old news, but if you're upset this isn't front page news it's because the news is supposed to be "new(s)".

I don't see how anyone can support Peyton Manning in this issue.
Who has? I think most agree he did what was alleged based on the evidence, but are questioning why it's being brought up again.

Who has? I think most agree he did what was alleged based on the evidence, but are questioning why it's being brought up again.
Because it was kept semi undercover the first time.

You could've read all about it many times over the years. Was talked about a lot during the Jamie's Winston incident.

I had not heard of it until today ... still, if true, it was more than just a single incident/poor judgment made as a young man, he allegedly continued to go on offense to smear the lady. Long time ago? Yes. Does that situation define PM as a person? Maybe, maybe not. People mature and learn from their mistakes, and their character improves.

I agree with you, though, that this should not be front-page headline material, becasue it's not "news", it's "olds."

I will say that it is the kind of thing that if run back through the media spin cycle could affect perception not only of Manning in general, but could also affect the public's perception of his "word" regarding his categorical denial of using steroids. Unless that is ever proven, it may not matter, but folks might still believe he is a liar/manipulator and think he did it anyway.

Brady was never proven to have deflated footballs, but part of the mass perception that he did is tied to previous cheating by the Patriots. Once there is a history, facts are not as powerful as perception in public opinion.

A college athlete shoes his junk in the locker room and a female reporter sees it. My gosh what has this world come to. I swear some of you must live perfect lives. Lordy mercy.

I had not heard of it until today ... still, if true, it was more than just a single incident/poor judgment made as a young man, he allegedly continued to go on offense to smear the lady. Long time ago? Yes. Does that situation define PM as a person? Maybe, maybe not. People mature and learn from their mistakes, and their character improves.

I agree with you, though, that this should not be front-page headline material, becasue it's not "news", it's "olds."

I will say that it is the kind of thing that if run back through the media spin cycle could affect perception not only of Manning in general, but could also affect the public's perception of his "word" regarding his categorical denial of using steroids. Unless that is ever proven, it may not matter, but folks might still believe he is a liar/manipulator and think he did it anyway.

Brady was never proven to have deflated footballs, but part of the mass perception that he did is tied to previous cheating by the Patriots. Once there is a history, facts are not as powerful as perception in public opinion.
There was the incident, Peyton apologized to her then. Later he wrote a book with his father and apologized about it, without putting her name in the book. She brought a suit agasint him saying she was the unamed woman and people all over the campus read the book and knew it was her. So Peyton resettled with her, after she made her name public by bringing a lawsuit 7/8 years after the incident.

A college athlete shoes his junk in the locker room and a female reporter sees it. My gosh what has this world come to. I swear some of you must live perfect lives. Lordy mercy.

I don't think the issue here is perfect lives or even as simply put as you allude to.

I think there's an issue of PM continuing to single the lady out in a way that made his first degrading incident even worse. He nearly sought to ruin her and court testimony by others show what PM said wasn't even true with regard to her and her behavior.

I hope he's changed and like I said, if the guy would apologize and rectify it, that would go a long way in establishing a culture of respect and character so incidents like this happen much less frequently. I hope and have to think the Peyton of today would look back and deeply regret the actions of Peyton 20 years ago.

Any time I see an athlete or actor mixed up in one of these situations I wonder how much 100% truth are we hearing. I know being a millionaire doesn't put you above the law or mean you're not a scumbag. I also know a lot of women in this country are evil, lying, and very manipulative. I had read about this particular incident earlier and I believe the Mannings would destroy anything in their path to uphold the image. They know the image has made more millions than the arms have, and that's saying a lot. Peyton could have did these things, I'm not saying he didn't but the girl could just as easily be trying to make her retirement. It is sad that people myself included need proof to believe anyone anymore.

You've really simplified the incident and misstated facts she wasn't a reporter and it was quite a bit more than "flashing" you should read or reread the court documents.
I have a vague recollection of the story but dismissed it expecting more information to come out if true. I don't remember having another thought on the subject till now. It is ripe for a rehash with the HGH allegations. Until this story resurfaced the public perception was PM is too upstanding for such an action. This is a timely reminder to look beyond the image.

There are LOTS of crazy rumors about Eli and Peyton. I personally believe that where there is smoke there is fire, but there is also the aspect of who they are and who their father is. I didn't click the link, by the way, just speaking from stuff I've read over the years.

Also, everyone has an agenda. That doesn't change facts

I know right.
I read that in Cam's time in Florida he racked up three rape charges and two at Alburn (all of which were dropped).
Where there is smoke there is fire.

I have no idea if anything I've read is true. I like Manning. I've always been a huge fans of his. But, I have no way of knowing if he's a choir boy or if he's had his junk in the face of 10 other women. I reality none of us "know" these guys like we want to pretend we do.

Nearly all of us pick and choose sides based on what we can most easily relate to. Right or wrong it's just how it is. Over the past couple of weeks I saw several "I would've done the same thing as Cam" comments. People that would react that way in that situation sided with him. Then there was the "My Momma taught me better than that" crowd that was ticked off by it.

With Peyton, there's the " good, ole white boy gets away with another one" crowd and the "he said he loves Jesus so he must be ok" crowd.

My point is this. Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks they are right. However, not a one of us have enough facts to make a concrete and definite decision.

There's a very good chance that Peyton is a scumbag that thought he could shake his junk in front of whomever he chose and get away with it. There's also a good chance that he was a 19-20 year old guy and this girl had been coming on to him. He thought "here's my chance" so he dropped his shorts and thought he was about to get a BJ on the training table and it didn't work out the way he thought it would.

How many of you have ever thought you were rounding third and headed for home and reached your hands down the front of a girls pants only to be turned away? Could that be considered sexual assault?

From what I can read he didn't hold her down and force her to do anything. He was turned down and let it go at that. He tried. He failed.

Now on the other hand. This wasn't at a frat party. It was in the training room. So you have to ask yourself what would happen if you or me did this where we worked? We know the answer. We would definitely be terminated and most likely charged with sexual assault even if the other party had been leading on as a willing participant.

I just don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 more women came out and said "Peyton Manning assaulted me." I also wouldn't be surprised if this lady hadn't given him every reason to believe she wanted to do what Peyton was trying to do but, when it happened the way it did, she saw a perfect opportunity to make a headline out of the big football stator make a pay day.

I'm sick and have been stuck in the house all day and I'm just rambling.

Must be awesome to have white male privilege. I even seen posters say the writer must have an agenda. Does the court have an agenda against Manning? Do all the people that testified against him also have one? Lol But I'm not surprised that he'll have apologist given the agenda of some. But Cam didn't want to answer questions and celebrates TD's lol

I think the lady in question in all this is due her day in many, many ways. By all legal testimony, she did not do anywhere near what she was accused of doing. And, not only that, her career(s) were affected by things done that were not wanted or allowed based on law and an agreement they both had afterwards.

That's not her fault and that should be rectified.

Where I think we get caught up in things is we allow the promotion and hype to affect our views of situations like this due either to celebrity or due to a general denial that someone would do not only the original action in this situation, but then subsequent matters that came up after.

Maybe Manning changed - a lot - after what happened when he was in college. Boy, I sure have. I can look back at how immature I was. It would mean more to me - ha, like my feelings matter, which, they don't - that he deals with this openly and in a way that makes this lady whole. That would be a better display of character than anything he's done on the field.

After all, I would say that more than anything when we are wronged, we just want to be apologized to. She deserves more than an apology and if anyone could be in a position to ensure that happens, it's Manning.

This ^. I'm definitely more mature now than I was then. I personally wouldn't have done what Peyton did because I'm not that bold but if I had seen my pal do it or something, I maybe would have laughed at age 21. Now I'd be appalled. Do I think Peyton is a perfect moral guy? No. The stories of his weather newswoman affair in Indy pretty much sealed that but I do think he's not a sadistic psycho.

Must be awesome to have white male privilege. I even seen posters say the writer must have an agenda. Does the court have an agenda against Manning? Do all the people that testified against him also have one? Lol But I'm not surprised that he'll have apologist given the agenda of some. But Cam didn't want to answer questions and celebrates TD's lol
This didn't go to trial. The court didn't have an agenda or an opinion. The court docs are only her side from her attorneys. Could very well be 100% true. Like I've said, i'm very surprised posters on this board haven't heard this story many times. It's been on his wiki page for years.

Tomorrow there will be a story about someone. Anyone. They might be black. The fact that that story is reported and this one isn't regurgitated for the 50th time isn't white privilege. It's called news for a reason. It's wasn't reported again for the same reason no one "reported" Cam's laptop ordeal, or Greg Olsen's rap song, or Von Miller's steroids.........

Not news.

Reactions: HogTime and aruss1
There was the incident, Peyton apologized to her then. Later he wrote a book with his father and apologized about it, without putting her name in the book. She brought a suit agasint him saying she was the unamed woman and people all over the campus read the book and knew it was her. So Peyton resettled with her, after she made her name public by bringing a lawsuit 7/8 years after the incident.

Uhhh, okay.

This didn't go to trial. The court didn't have an agenda or an opinion. The court docs are only her side from her attorneys. Could very well be 100% true. Like I've said, i'm very surprised posters on this board haven't heard this story many times. It's been on his wiki page for years.

Tomorrow there will be a story about someone. Anyone. They might be black. The fact that that story is reported and this one isn't regurgitated for the 50th time isn't white privilege. It's called news for a reason. It's wasn't reported again for the same reason no one "reported" Cam's laptop ordeal, or Greg Olsen's rap song, or Von Miller's steroids.........

Not news.
I bet if she had listened to the people that told her to blame a black player this would have been front page. Change Peyton's name to Jerome or Andre and this would have been a different outcome. I've never heard of this story till now. How many testified against Manning again? Even teammates? Andre or Jerome wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt but he will. I just love how the double standard is out on front street for all to see. sad part is I'm not surprised Of the downplay. I actually expect it. As they say on the MB, #animals!!!

I bet if she had listened to the people that told her to blame a black player this would have been front page. Change Peyton's name to Jerome or Andre and this would have been a different outcome. I've never heard of this story till now. How many testified against Manning again? Even teammates? Andre or Jerome wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt but he will. I just love how the double standard is out on front street for all to see. sad part is I'm not surprised Of the downplay. I actually expect it. As they say on the MB, #animals!!!

Kinda like OJ Simpson?

4mtOdMF.jpg

Reactions: HogTime
Why bring this up now?

Sounds like bitter hate from a black man.... Sorry, but was something new that came out?

Because Cam is taking slack, this guy writes a hate piece over an incident that happened 20 years ago that had seemed that both parties had closure.

Let's write articles about Ted Kennedy killing someone that's breaking news! Breaking news George Washington owned slaves! Breaking news Eve ate the apple!

Exactly. I mean I like them both BUT I love Peyton. He is a great guy and a great ambassador but he is human too. To bash Cam over something so simple is asinine.

Cam has always been scum. It was proven that he was shopped around and landed at Auburn...yet the NCAA, Cam, Auburn, and Cam's diddy found a way for Cam to be eligible. He should never have been allowed to play. He was a scumbag at Florida and got punted for it. He goes to JUCO...then to Auburn. Because of him being at Auburn, Arkansas didnt play for the SEC Title in 2010 vs a weak Carolina team. I have no interest in Cam and hope he consistently fails because he has been a consistently bad person. Period. Him being a titty baby is nothing new. I have never seen an adult actually throw themselves on the ground and flop around like a hooked fish until Cam Newton, but him being the first to put that on display to me isn't surprising at all.

There's some truth to that. Using it to defend Cam is a zero sum argument.

Do you understand how litigation works? What you are seeing in the documentation is a response to a motion to dismiss her complaint. It was not included to see all his information. So the article is completely one sided based on her attorneys attempt to refute the motion to dismiss. I don't know the truth about what did happen, just that this is one side of the argument.

Cam has always been scum. It was proven that he was shopped around and landed at Auburn...yet the NCAA, Cam, Auburn, and Cam's diddy found a way for Cam to be eligible. He should never have been allowed to play. He was a scumbag at Florida and got punted for it. He goes to JUCO...then to Auburn. Because of him being at Auburn, Arkansas didnt play for the SEC Title in 2010 vs a weak Carolina team. I have no interest in Cam and hope he consistently fails because he has been a consistently bad person. Period. Him being a titty baby is nothing new. I have never seen an adult actually throw themselves on the ground and flop around like a hooked fish until Cam Newton, but him being the first to put that on display to me isn't surprising at all.
In other words, you're jealous of his success. I get it, but it's time to let go man. Millions of other kids do much worse than have a father shop you around. Glad I'm not so simple minded.

In other words, you're jealous of his success. I get it, but it's time to let go man. Millions of other kids do much worse than have a father shop you around. Glad I'm not so simple minded.

You must be a beta. Jealousy doesn't even enter my mind. I don't get jealous or starstruck by anyone or anything. Cam Newton is an exceptionally unimpressive person to me, and I have no interest in him or his career. Anyone who has seen his career unfold from the beginning and is impressed by him is the definition of a simple mind. I remember him as a Gator. I remember him playing behind Tebow knowing how good he was. His talent is Bo Jackson unique. Who he is as a person minus that talent...common and unimpressive at best...on average he is completely unnoticeable....at worst a common criminal. But, you go ahead and be impressed.

You must be a beta. Jealousy doesn't even enter my mind. I don't get jealous or starstruck by anyone or anything. Cam Newton is an exceptionally unimpressive person to me, and I have no interest in him or his career. Anyone who has seen his career unfold from the beginning and is impressed by him is the definition of a simple mind. I remember him as a Gator. I remember him playing behind Tebow knowing how good he was. His talent is Bo Jackson unique. Who he is as a person minus that talent...common and unimpressive at best...on average he is completely unnoticeable....at worst a common criminal. But, you go ahead and be impressed.
Oh, so you live your life sin free? I'm impressed. Congrats on the perfection Cowboy. You are jealous of his success, it's ok to admit it. All the guy does is win. From JC, to the SEC and now the pros. Is getting perfect? Hell no. Does he act spoiled and immature? Yes, but to call him scum because his "diddy" shopped him around reeks of ignorance. I'm sure you're aware that he isn't the only one that's been paid, this is if the rumors are true, to go to a school, right? Don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't worship the guy, or any other athlete, but, to me, the guy has more than made up for his past. Besides, when you went to college you didn't do some stupid shit?

Today. I don't know if the story should be looked at as the matter of record more so than the actual court documents it references and that are included in the story.

I remember when the book came out the admission that he "dropped his pants" in front of a trainer but with all this extra context, that takes on a new dimension. And, it would seem the Mannings broke a confidentiality agreement when they did that.

Who knows where it may or may not go.

You can read it here.

There is nobody on this earth who hasn't done things that are shameful.

Everybody is responsible for themselves and their conduct. I can understand people being discreet about their misdeeds for there are always folks that are going to try to hold you back for your admitted sins and not giving you a chance to show that you've grown or learned from them.

I see nothing in Manning that leads me to believe that he is trying to be anything other than who he is.

Did not read, but suspect the article just demonstrates the overall hypocrisy of those who think it is their calling to bring people down when they don't even realize the errors of their own ways.

There's some truth to that. Using it to defend Cam is a zero sum argument.
im not defending Cam. He's a grown man. He can defend himself. There's a obvious bias. I've never heard a complaint about Aaron Rogers and what he does. Y'all must be in fantasy land if y'all don't think there isn't a bias or want me to believe there isn't one.

Do you understand how litigation works? What you are seeing in the documentation is a response to a motion to dismiss her complaint. It was not included to see all his information. So the article is completely one sided based on her attorneys attempt to refute the motion to dismiss. I don't know the truth about what did happen, just that this is one side of the argument.
The legal system works how it's supposed to work is when a guy named Peyton is involved. Still doesn't take away from the FACT that everyone testified against him. And they tried to sway her to blame black guys. There's another example being played out right now. Bill Cosby did what he did. But Guess who else, Bill Clinton. I see no difference in the situation other than one is black and the other will never be held accountable cause he's white.

Last edited:
im not defending Cam. He's a grown man. He can defend himself. There's a obvious bias. I've never heard a complaint about Aaron Rogers and what he does. Y'all must be in fantasy land if y'all don't think there isn't a bias or want me to believe there isn't one.

The legal system works how it's supposed to work is when a guy named Peyton is involved. Still doesn't take away from the FACT that everyone testified against him. And they tried to sway her to blame black guys. There's another example being played out right now. Bill Cosby did what he did. But Guess who else, Bill Clinton. I see no difference in the situation other than one is black and the other will never be held accountable cause he's white cause they both have money.

There was no testimony in a trial. That is all I am saying.

Reactions: redbackjack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT