ADVERTISEMENT

Squarely on the bubble now

RazorAg

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
I won't get into the speculation of what will or will not happen after the season, although I understand and accept that's natural.

Our quality of play was bound to catch up to us at some point. I think a lot of us felt very nervous about this game, and rightfully so.

The 'eye test' is still very much part of the NCAAT selection criteria, official or not. This one hurts badly in that category. We will probably be 'last four in' or 'first four out' in many brackets today.

RPI-wise, that loss doesn't hurt as much as some might think. We're currently 36, which is still a very nice position. If you run RPI Wizard, with future losses against USCe, Auburn and Florida, it projects a 32 RPI. That's NCAAT position. Now, my gut says we'd still need to win a few in the SECT to be on the right side of the bubble due to the fact we'd have a really bad loss with no top RPI top 25 wins to counterbalance.

Who knows what happens from here. We've had enough bottom-line success to think we can do what I described above, but we've also looked pretty shaky and inconsistent in games to think we might stumble thru the rest of the season.

Sucks as a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News