ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB 2016

Aug 26, 2003
Just curious as to your thoughts on who will be the starting QB for Arkansas come this fall?? Is Austin Allen the heir to the spot? Peavey have a chance at it?? What do you guys think??

Is that transfer from USC going to be eligible this year or does he have to sit it out? He is supposedly pretty good, but we've heard that about QBs before, ie Mustain.

AA is the only one with game experience and not much of it. Then there are 4 4 star guys to compete against. Peavey is a running QB. Not sure about Town except he was very highly ranked in HS. Storey has a big arm but played against small schools. New recruit is a tall gunslinger like Mallet. I'm going with AA until someone unseats him. Others have to prove they can translate to college, then to the SEC.

Each one has his own warts right now. I would go with Peavy and let him learn on the job because basically everyone else is new as well including AA (very limited play time). I think if Peavy gets on the field and starts playing he will have dual talents that will help get out of a few squeezes.
AA is a stationary tree in a field. No mobility--the least hesitation and he will be sacked. Peavy can buy some time and believe me in 2016 with new RBs, New OL starters , etc. he will need some extra time.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to watch Peavey play in high school (I'm from Bolivar, MO) and the kid is a competitor. His dad was the coach at a local college here in town and all of his kids are college athletes (2 at D1 level). Rafe is a real hard nosed, smart player and I am hoping he gets a chance to be the QB for Arky.

Who is this kid from USC referenced earlier in this thread??

Each one has his own warts right now. I would go with Peavy and let him learn on the job because basically everyone else is new as well including AA (very limited play time). I think if Peavy gets on the field and starts playing he will have dual talents that will help get out of a few squeezes.
AA is a stationary tree in a field. No mobility--the least hesitation and he will be sacked. Peavy can buy some time and believe me in 2016 with new RBs, New OL starters , etc. he will need Extra Time.
You evidently didn't see him in high school, he's a better scrambler than BA and he didn't get sacked much

Reactions: RazorHogBall
You evidently didn't see him in high school, he's a better scrambler than BA and he didn't get sacked much
You are correct. I have seen a highlight tape of his HS play. My opinion is based on the snaps I have seen while he has been at ARK. I have seen nothing on the college level to change that opinion but I am eager to see what AA and the others show during the Spring.
BA was lightning quick this year--He has spun out of some dead on sacks--I don't see that mobility or sudden quickness with AA.

Who is this kid from USC referenced earlier in this thread??

Ricky Town. When he was recruited by USC he was the 79th ranked overall recruit in the country and 6th ranked pro style QB, but like our other QBs is not really proven in actual game play.

Ricky Town. When he was recruited by USC he was the 79th ranked overall recruit in the country and 6th ranked pro style QB, but like our other QBs is not really proven in actual game play.
He comes highly ranked. Is he eligible immediately or will he have to sit a year? What happened at USC that he wanted to leave?

He comes highly ranked. Is he eligible immediately or will he have to sit a year? What happened at USC that he wanted to leave?
He redshirted in 2015. He is ready to go for 2016. Don't know all the reasons he left but he apparently has a 6th sense since USC coach imploded after that.

Ccfarmer AA is very mobile. You said yourself he's played very limited so how can you say he is stationary? He isn't at he's very mobile.

Ccfarmer AA is very mobile. You said yourself he's played very limited so how can you say he is stationary? He isn't at he's very mobile.
I didn't see it in the limited snaps he took that I observed. He has a QB dream with all the returning receivers. He has the support staff to succeed.

Last edited:
Predict peavey never plays in a game for Arkansas, Austin Allen holds on to the ball to long and gets benched for Ricky Towne mid season

Reactions: ccfarmer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT