ADVERTISEMENT

****Sunday @ Oaklawn Park****

BilboHawg

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2007
well, after struggling Saturday, several of us are still kicking however we do have our lumps and bruises.
Friday, I had 4 winners on the 9 race card yet at the end of the day and betting the same amount on each race I broke about even for the day.
Today was the same, 4 wins and about even at the end of the ninth.
I know that don't sound right but the culprit was (Bugle please) betting the favorites, it wasn't intentional, I bet the horse I thought would win each race.
I've said it for years, that I wouldn't bet a solid favorite horse in a race. I thought about this change in my handicapping occasionally since last race season.
For demo purposes, I'll use a $2.00 bet limit.
Say I look at a race and ignore the favorites etc but pick what I think will be the winner in that race, IF it goes on to win, then I collect the Win pay, included in that pay is my $2.00 original bet, say the horse pays $4.40, that would be my $2.00 returned that I bet plus a small profit of $2.40 OR, I might hit a horse with better odds, say a horse with 20-1 odds, it would pay $40., then after subtracting my $2.00 bet (investment) I made a $38. profit.
On the other hand I could do what I've always done in the past, look at the odds board and see the odds on the horse I picked from the racing form the night before and see that it's a solid favorite and refuse to bet it because of it being a low pay win, I choose to bet a different horse, one with some odds...(you get it?) I wasted my bet and the horse I had picked origionally won the race, yes it paid small but, I got my investment back plus whatever profit was involved, thus, no loss (in that race)
This isn't for everyone and it's on a trial bases but I'll try to keep you guys posted as best I can through out this race meet.

Reactions: Modern Cripple
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News