ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Don Phillips

Hogmania

Prospect
Jan 28, 2002
Terry Don Phillips...I realize he's retired but why hasn't he been our Athletic Director? I know there could be a lot of details that the majority of the public isn't privy to that may explain why he has never been our AD but my lord he seems like the perfect fit that could take us to the next level. Even if for some reason there was never any shot of Phillips being our AD the best shot for Arkansas to ever reach the level we as fans want and deserve is likely gonna come from someone like Phillips who is from Arkansas, went to the university, is similar to Loyd and Terry Phillips in regard to them having played ball for the Razorbacks and they bleed Razorback Red. I hope everyone caught Dabo giving Phillips a lot of credit during the post game interview.

Schools like Clemson, Oregon, Standford, the early years at Miami when they had no history to lean on etc. who aren't blue bloods like alabama or ohio st had to start somewhere & it started with a great AD whose qualities reflect in the hires they make and that leads to success on a level they have rarely had if ever. This is what it will take for Arkansas to do the same. I'm not saying Jeff Long is a terrible AD but I don't believe he is the guy that can take us to the promised land and I actually really like Bielema but I'd be lying if I said I thought he was the answer to our prayers. Long and Bielema have each done good things for the school & our athletics but in regard to competing at the highest level especially when it comes to football & the other major sports i.e. baseball, & basketball Bielema & Long just aren't the guys. I just hope that at some point in my lifetime I get to see us make that hire that injects energy and determination and a winner's attitude and approach to handling business as an athletics program as a whole but especially on the football field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News