ADVERTISEMENT

OT "The Shannara Chronicles"/MTV series...

lsmhog

Hall of Fame
Dec 26, 2005
I grew up addicted to this series of books by author Terry Brooks. Have always wondered when someone would take the books to the big screen and/or television.

Now it has happened, and I will have to admit I cringed a bit when I saw the previews and it was MTV that had taken on the challenge, skipping Brooks first book in the series "The Sowrd of Shannara", and going to the second book in the series, "The Elfstones of Shannara".

Well MTV, you have my apologies. The season debut this past week was incredible. The scenery, the characters, everything was spot on. I am super excited to see the rest of the season and watch this childhood favorite fantasy series come to life. For those of you unfamiliar, the story is very "Lord of the Rings" like, and MTV has equated that with a bit of a "Twilight" touch to target their teen audience. Something for everyone.

Attached is a link with the first 2 episodes for anyone who missed last week's premiere and is looking for a new series to get into. Tomorrow night at 9 are the next episodes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News