ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Tidbits on Chandler Morris...

NWAHutch

Hall of Fame
Staff
Apr 30, 2018
I talked to Chandler Morris after Friday night's game, but was an idiot and accidentally deleted my recording before transcribing it. So here are a few tidbits from what I remember him saying...

~I asked him what many are probably wondering: "Would you like to play for your dad?" He said he's definitely thought about it and, IMO, he seemed very open about it. He said the only time he played for his dad was a first or second grade flag football team.

~You could tell Chandler really appreciates the effort his dad makes to come watch him play. It also doesn't sound like Chad has any issues flipping the switch from coach to dad, as he usually congratulates him after games - not critique him.

~Chandler has already been to a game at Oklahoma and said he might try to make it to a game at Auburn, Clemson and Colorado, too. Nothing is set in stone yet, though.

~Chandler can use his legs and said he isn't afraid to pull it down and run...as evidenced by his 50-yard TD run. HP head coach Randy Allen said Chandler's legs are a weapon.

~I was impressed with how well Chandler bounced back after throwing an interception in the first half. Next possession, he led HP down the field for a TD with several nice throws. Allen said that's typical for him because he has a short memory, something you need as a QB.

~I also caught up with four-star DE Prince Dorbah. He and Chandler have known each other since 7th grade and are pretty good friends. Would they like to keep playing together in college? "You never know." Also, he said Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas are showing him the most love right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News