ADVERTISEMENT

Tough loss

littleton tiger

Letterman
Dec 31, 2012
yesterday. I thought after the first drive that it would be a great game then the wheels came off. This Team is young and I'm still unsure of the coaching staff but I feel that Arkansas will do what is necessary to regain their rightful place in college football's pecking order. I still believe the Hogs have a great chance to beat either Missouri or LSU if things fall into place.

Well, before the season started the Georgia game wasn't the game I had listed as a possible W. The preceding games gave us all hope that this team was improving. They show up in Little Rock and didn't appear prepared to play. We all can maintain hope as long as we show improvement. LSU has improved and Mizzou shrugged off a loss by whipping Florida.

What Saturday showed me was our kids lost focus and were mentally weak. I don't know what the reason was, I hope that they have not grown tired of hearing that we are close but still haven't won a conference game the last 2 years. Our remaining games against both Miss teams, LSU and Mizzou leaves me wondering where we can get the 2 SEC wins that we will need to make a bowl which I believe was the goal this year. This coaching staff has some major work to do to right the ship if we want to salvage this season and build a good recruiting class.

I don't know what went wrong in the first half after that first drive but to come back in the second half and score 26 points is not something a mentally weak team does. They put in a good effort in the second half yet all I'm seeing on the board is doom and gloom. I sure hope the team has thicker skin than the fans.

Count, there were blown assignments, loss of their composure with penalties and just appeared a half step slow. That is all mental and not physical. They need to refocus and get ready for this tough SEC stretch that is coming. Helping them to get back in sync is the UAB game. I believe they can do it but we will have to wait and see. I for one believe we can win a couple of SEC games but the team will have to play with focus and determination.

Look we OUGHT to beat the crap out of UAB and a big win sure won't erase our collapse in the last three games. Do not see this team winning an SEC game this year.

Well I was pissed because the HOGS keeps doing dumb stuff to lose SEC games. I'm over that. I still think we end in a bowl. I have to remind myself this is a 7 game old defense having growing pains. And a 19 game old offense. Yet they are taking top 10 team after top 10 team to the wire. All that is left to do is play a clean complete game. I believe this team will get on a roll after that first SEC win. I would like our chances playing MSU if it wasn't at MSU. Arkansas stacks up well against MSU. Just as they did against Alabama and UGA except for the TOs.

People make mistakes, the losing is frustrating I feel it too, but they came back with a much better effort in the second half which tells me they aren't ready to give up yet and aren't the quitters they've been called in some threads. They scored 6 points in the first half and 26 in the second yet the second half effort seems to be ignored in favor of dwelling on the first half mistakes.

What went wrong/different was our coaches adjusted.......more than yours. You have to change with the game. One can't make/call the same type of plays for Four (4) quarters.

Go Dawgs!
smokin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT