ADVERTISEMENT

Trey/Danny--- Net Neutrality Repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal and uses the internet frequently will most likely feel pretty dumb if/when this goes through, this is a game changer and will hit us common folk hard.

Ok...let's assume your information is accurate. I can't rebuke them.

Show me ONE instance that has changed in your daily life from 2014 to now that has been effected due to Net Neutrality. I don't want feelings here. I want data, facts, numbers.

For example: "I am so glad my cell phone bill is down because of Net Neutrality"

I just gave you facts about how ISPs were already starting to screw over consumers. You think it was going to get better, or worse?

And why would you even give them the opportunity? That's lunacy. The internet should be free and open for everyone. Net neutrality benefits literally everyone that's not an ISP owner, and GUARANTEES that our access won't be throttled or have hidden/arbitrary fees imposed upon us.

It makes no sense to repeal this.

Legality? Sure didn't stop the former President from doing such things.

The very first presidential executive order was a proclamation signed by George Washington on April 22, 1793, giving instruction to federal officers to prosecute any citizens interfering with the war between England and France. People that think Executive Orders are illegal are simply ill-informed.

Executive orders are legal as long as they do not directly conflict with the US Constitution or Federal statute. The legality is rooted in Article II, Section 3 in that the President MUST "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". Executive orders are essentially executive rule-making at the highest level. Whereas this agency can revoke net-neutrality using the public policy process, the President, as the head of the executive branch, can also step-in and reverse it via executive order. The main difference is that the President is not required to follow the Administrative Procedures Act (Rule Promulgation) to enact an executive order.

In modern times, Executive Orders and executive rule-making have become more essential because the congress delegates definitions and process to the executive branch. If the congress, and legislatures, would pass better laws, the prevalence of rule-making and executive orders would not be necessary.

People across the world are worried about human rights, natural disasters, food to eat, vaccines, war etc. I am not going to sweat it today. Probably not next week.

If I decide to stop the internet service to my house because of the crazy schenanigans that these bigwigs are up to - I will probably be better for it.

People across the world are worried about human rights, natural disasters, food to eat, vaccines, war etc. I am not going to sweat it today. Probably not next week.

If I decide to stop the internet service to my house because of the crazy schenanigans that these bigwigs are up to - I will probably be better for it.

#firstworldproblemsmatter

Reactions: HogTime
Take your blood pressure meds Bernie you are going to have a stroke. I'm surprised you didn't say "the top 1% of 1%" in any of that.

tenor.gif

Bernie is the man.

First off...bravo on catching my grammar/spelling gaff...I laughed.

My mind was bottled at how much of a pre madonna I was...

Secondly...it is funny to hear someone mock another due to assuming something won't happen...when the reason you say things were put in place was because the assumption they were about to be done.

So my assumptions aren't allowed...but yours are?
Not sure exactly how you interpreted what I said as mocking you. If I was mocking you, you’d know it. And no, mine wasn’t an assumption. Net neutrality rules were a response to things that were planned, and sometimes already implemented, by ISPs. They weren’t based on assumptions.

I just gave you facts about how ISPs were already starting to screw over consumers. You think it was going to get better, or worse?

And why would you even give them the opportunity? That's lunacy. The internet should be free and open for everyone. Net neutrality benefits literally everyone that's not an ISP owner, and GUARANTEES that our access won't be throttled or have hidden/arbitrary fees imposed upon us.

It makes no sense to repeal this.

Why should the internet be free? Serious question.

Ok...let's assume your information is accurate. I can't rebuke them.

Show me ONE instance that has changed in your daily life from 2014 to now that has been effected due to Net Neutrality. I don't want feelings here. I want data, facts, numbers.

For example: "I am so glad my cell phone bill is down because of Net Neutrality"

I’m so glad I was able to cut the cord and drop cable in favor of streaming services, which saved me money that would be taken back by my isp without net neutrality.

Reactions: bholloway
Very interesting to hear differing view.

I would recommend listening to this interview with the FCC chairman ...good listen:

Reactions: HogTime
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT