ADVERTISEMENT

Tried to tell you guys.

I am not arguing but curious what people don't like about Jeff Long....other then the football coach fire/hire what has he done....just see a lot of hate towards him!

Where to start.

First he fired the best coach we’ve had in 40 years over consensual sex with zero plans to replace him with someone competent. Funny how I watch Petrino’s game every week and never once do I hear of any scandal. The incident people here stated would haunt him the rest of his career is never mentioned. People here said no mother would ever let their kid play for Petrino so he just goes out, takes a 3 star recruit out of Florida and turns him into a Heisman winner.

Then Emperor Long hands the keys to Petrino’s Ferrari to the Village Idiot, aka JLSmith. I ask you, how can any human being spend 4 years around JLSmith and think he should be capable of taking an SEC into battle? That alone wasted a full year of recruiting, preparation, development, the whole damn program.

Then he tries to force a square peg in a round hole by bringing Bert in to run a system most sensible people never thought would work here. I went from a guy on these boards with quite a few friends to the most hated guy on the board for speaking the truth. I said back in April of 2012 that Jeffie just gave us a self imposed death penalty and got ridiculed for it.
Couple his horrific hire with the fact he tried to hire Jim Grobe and Tommy Bowden before Petrino fell into his lap and I wouldn’t trust Jeff Long to choose the custodian.

And before someone wants to tout his financial exploits, gimme a break. When you have the TV money we have coming in from the SEC deals a monkey with a solar powered calculator could make money at Arkansas.

Jeff buried this program and he and fat boy should ride out of town together. Otherwise just learn to “Enbrace the Suck”, our new motto.

Reactions: 03_TIGERS_07
Actually Bobby Petrino was not fired for having consensual sex. He was fired (as he should have been) because he recommended to JL that he hire Jessica Dorrell for the that position on the football staff. A position that reported to the HFC. She did not meet the minimum qualifications for that position, a position that had 158 other applicants.He was fired for one and simple reason: favoritism. He hired a staff member that just so happened to be his side piece over other applicants that were more qualified in a State organization, which is against the law. The university was in fact, facing the possibility of 158 potential lawsuits, if no action was taken. I personally believe that from the time JL put BP on indefinite leave to the press conference announcing his termination, that JL, the Department of Athletics, and the university's lawyers were trying to find some loophole to keep him and all of this quiet, but that's just my opinion. Regardless Bobby Petrino's reckless behavior got him fired.

I do agree that Jeff Long needs to go. I don't think he has done a good job as AD and has made some poor choices with his coaching hires. He has also raised ticket prices to the point that a lot of people can no longer afford to go to games. But I disagree with you as to the handling of the BP mess. I think he was painted into a corner and that was the only option he had.

Actually Bobby Petrino was not fired for having consensual sex. He was fired (as he should have been) because he recommended to JL that he hire Jessica Dorrell for the that position on the football staff. A position that reported to the HFC. She did not meet the minimum qualifications for that position, a position that had 158 other applicants.He was fired for one and simple reason: favoritism. He hired a staff member that just so happened to be his side piece over other applicants that were more qualified in a State organization, which is against the law. The university was in fact, facing the possibility of 158 potential lawsuits, if no action was taken. I personally believe that from the time JL put BP on indefinite leave to the press conference announcing his termination, that JL, the Department of Athletics, and the university's lawyers were trying to find some loophole to keep him and all of this quiet, but that's just my opinion. Regardless Bobby Petrino's reckless behavior got him fired.

I do agree that Jeff Long needs to go. I don't think he has done a good job as AD and has made some poor choices with his coaching hires. He has also raised ticket prices to the point that a lot of people can no longer afford to go to games. But I disagree with you as to the handling of the BP mess. I think he was painted into a corner and that was the only option he had.

With all due respect I wish people would stop perpetuating the lawsuit myth. There were never any lawsuits and if there were they would have come with or without Petrino's dismissal.
Do you really think somebody out there had a million dollar lawsuit all ready to go and they decided at the last minute, Well, they fired Petrino so I'll just let this thing go?
It was never a threat from the beginning. Just something little Jeff could hang his hat on and make his ridiculous decision to bury our program seem a little more reasonable.

But there is a small light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time in years people are starting to wake up to the fraud that is the Jeff and Bert show. I hear it every day now.
10-26 in the SEC! Who the hell keeps their job with that kind of performance?
l

Reactions: 03_TIGERS_07
Motekiai-langi-1.jpg

With all due respect I wish people would stop perpetuating the lawsuit myth. There were never any lawsuits and if there were they would have come with or without Petrino's dismissal.
Do you really think somebody out there had a million dollar lawsuit all ready to go and they decided at the last minute, Well, they fired Petrino so I'll just let this thing go?
It was never a threat from the beginning. Just something little Jeff could hang his hat on and make his ridiculous decision to bury our program seem a little more reasonable.

But there is a small light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time in years people are starting to wake up to the fraud that is the Jeff and Bert show. I hear it every day now.
l
You are a real good fit for this board. Another bright dude.

l
I wasn't perpetuating anything. I never once said there were lawsuits. I said there was 158 POTENTIAL lawsuits that could have been filed. If you disagree, well that's ok, but it doesn't mean that you are right. The fact is, that Bobby, used his influence and position in a state institution to get his side piece a job. A job that was posted to the public and 158 other people had applied for. Every single person who applied for that job opening, got screwed over by BP's and JD's relationship and that my friend is grounds for lawsuit(s).
Jeff Long avoided them by firing them both and reopening the job posting.

If BP had been messing around with someone who wasn't affiliated with the U of A, I doubt very seriously he would have been fired. I don't see how there would be cause to fire him. Disciplinary action maybe, a fine, 1-2 game suspension or something along those lines, but I don't see him getting fired in that situation. Unfortunately this was not the case. It was their ties to the U of A is what got both of them fired.

If their relationship had been public knowledge before she ever applied for that position, do you think she would have even gotten an interview?

Reactions: GACMAN
I am not arguing but curious what people don't like about Jeff Long....other then the football coach fire/hire what has he done....just see a lot of hate towards him!
I will tell you why I don't like Jeff Long.... He used the Petrino firing to get control of the football playoff committee. Everybody considered Petrino and outcast among the "darlings" of college football. He did wrong, yes. but we should have found a way to keep him. The ultimate goal there took the emphasis off of football. doesn't it bother anyone that ArkansasRazorbacks.com stories are all about women's soccer and golf, tennis, track, nothing about football. We used to get interviews and practice reports and now we get what? nothing. I would be more than happy to see Jeff Long gone.

Reactions: UNCPSUFAN
As an outsider, my view is that Petrino's scandals absolutely required that he be fired. Especially hiring his 'mistress.' Integrity matters. I am sure I am not alone in having more respect for your university due to canning BP.

In contrast, consider Louisville's opposite reputation. Not just the Pitino dumpster fire but it's no coincidence that's where BP is now.

For those of you who wanted to keep BP...would you also want Jurich now ? To me, no thanks.

Reactions: arkybychoice
As an outsider, my view is that Petrino's scandals absolutely required that he be fired. Especially hiring his 'mistress.' Integrity matters. I am sure I am not alone in having more respect for your university due to canning BP.

In contrast, consider Louisville's opposite reputation. Not just the Pitino dumpster fire but it's no coincidence that's where BP is now.

For those of you who wanted to keep BP...would you also want Jurich now ? To me, no thanks.

Yeah pal, Petrino last walked off the field as a Razorback Coach 11-2 and ranked 5th in the country.
Since we've gone 11-27 in conference play. I'm sure every outsider is happy LONG's dumbass fired him, then gave the keys to the Ferarri to the village idiot JLSmith. We're cancer free as of today and shouldn't be the leagues whipping boy for much longer.

Today is PARTY TIME pal.

So by that logic UL shouldn't have fired Pitino either ? Believe it or not, some things are more important than national ranking.

You made two subsequent bad hires, but that doesn't mean the BP was a mistake. He was the national poster boy for sleaziness.

Reactions: arkybychoice
So by that logic UL shouldn't have fired Pitino either ? Believe it or not, some things are more important than national ranking.

You made two subsequent bad hires, but that doesn't mean the BP was a mistake. He was the national poster boy for sleaziness.
All True, but it's not against the rules to hire him and if we aren't going to get down in the dirt with the ones who cheat, we should at least take advantage. You telling me you wouldn't take him for a top 5 ranking.... You realize when he was here, scum or not, we were at one point landed #3 in the nation? Look I'm good either way, but if you aren't gonna hire an fvck or a sleazebag or you are not going to cheat, you need to be content with 8-5 as the yard stick of a good football record.

Cardinal...not necessarily. the right hire can get you 9 + wins every year, even in your league, and not disgrace the university.

Re: cheating... Let's say you entered to run in a marathon and knew a hidden shortcut, shortening your route by 6 miles. You cheat, win and aren't discovered. In your heart, is winning that marathon all that rewarding ? Would you be proud of your efforts ?

You would rather win by blatant cheating and/or with a sleazeball coach ? Would that really make you feel good ?

Look at Army this year...that success is earned the right way. Is much more special that way.

Oh look Its what left of the fire HDN Banner flying idiots are all in one post. Col Puker you didn't tell anyone anything period, but its good to see your still running diarrhea out of your mouth. Only thing that should have been done here is Bret should have been let go already. Its clear these kids are not buying in to what he is selling. Is that Longs fault partially. There is more to this Long firing than they will tell us and it has nothing to do with Bret. Will Bret be gone...yeah I think he will be at the end of the year, and you lackeys running your chops about Gus I say this Give Us A Break that is not going to happen. If Gus and that's IF he is fired at Auburn what in the hell gives you any thought that he would come to Arkansas over Florida, or Tennessee. Be serious here people. Pull your head out of your butts and be realistic. 25% of you need to Stop listening to "Hopeful Rumors" and THINK for once and the other 25% of you stop JUST STOP with Kiffin there is no way anyone with a brain brings him here. Now for the majority of the remaining 50% - Norvel, Harsin, Aranda (doubtful), Leach (maybe but doubt it), Miles ( probably a possibility along with Norvel, or Harsin), last but not least with a high probability of no - Tuberville. I do seem to remember Oh Col Puker here on the Butch Jones Bus.....how do you feel about that now King Idiot? Just curious.

Lol. By all means show me one post where I have ever said one word about Butch Jones.
Couldn’t give two craps about Butch Jones and have zero idea where you pulled that out of your ass. You can’t show me one post cause it never happened which make you a complete and total liar.

I do know your little idiot ass had been defending the moron Long and Bert for the last 5 years. Im so glad people smarter than you finally woke up and fired both their asses. And yes, I told you from the beginning firing Petrino would give us a self imposed death penalty but idiots like you followed Long right down the path to being a complete abortion.
If you spelled your name right it’d be the first time in years you’ve been right about something.

OK. Lets see it was during you and your buddies with the HDN Banners time. So you know full well those posts are no longer on here. You were hell bent on Butch Jones, and as usual you were wrong when you made your announcement that Butch Jones would be our next HC, and in walked Booby (Cheat on his wife with a intern he gave a job) Petrino. Sure I supported Long and Bret I dont deny this but even I noticed this was not working. Whats sad here is I see what your morals are. Its ok to cheat on your wife with a 25 yr old intern you gave a job over more qualified people for the sake of win at all costs. Im happy this POS got fired. You cant do that and get away with it and Arkansa dont need that BS either. Just like we dont really need you. You come in spew your BS and then get all pissy when someone calls you on it. I see a LIAR I call them what they are Hello Puker aka LIAR. have a nice day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT