ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Updated HawgBeat Recruiting Big Board: 2024 Offense

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

The 2024 class is beginning to take shape, with the Hogs currently at 15 total commitments in the class so far.

The HawgBeat Recruiting Big Board will provide a one-stop shop for you to see who Arkansas currently has committed and who it's targeting, updated weekly.

As the title implies, this board will look at the offensive side of the football. The Razorbacks currently have seven commitments for first-year offensive coordinator Dan Enos, gaining three since official visits wrapped up on June 26.

For more information on a specific recruit, click their name and it will take you to their Rivals profile.

To see the latest defensive board, click here.

Quarterback​

Quarterback
NameCity/StateStar RankingStatus
KJ JacksonMontgomery, Alabama Committed

No changes here. KJ Jackson remains firm in his commitment to the Razorbacks, which he made on April 9 over North Carolina. He took an official visit the last weekend of July and said he had the chance to help recruit some of the other uncommitted prospects on campus.

“I love talking to guys and seeing where all they have been,” Jackson said. ”No matter where they've been, I tell them Arkansas is a better place because it truly is. The family atmosphere here. Coach Pittman will take care of everybody and all the position coaches they love all their players and want them all to succeed."

Running back​

Running back
Jadan BaughDecatur, Georgia Committed
Braylen RussellBenton, Arkansas Uncommitted

Baugh remains firm in his commitment to the Razorbacks, but things with Russell seem to be trending away from the Razorbacks at the moment.

The Benton native had an official visit to Arkansas the weekend of June 16, but has been quiet since. Russell was at one point Arkansas' first commitment in the 2024 class, but at this point I think he ends up somewhere in the SEC East, whether that be Tennessee or South Carolina.

Wide Receiver​

Wide Receiver
Courtney CrutchfieldPine Bluff Committed
CJ BrownBentonville, ArkansasCommitted
Ashton Bethel-RomanMissouri City, Texas Uncommitted

Ashton Bethel-Roman goes from the uncommitted side of the board to the committed as he chose Arkansas on July 4.

Two of Arkansas' highest-ranked receivers are already in the fold in Courtney Crutchfield and CJ Brown.

I've removed Braylon Burnside, as his official visit that was scheduled for June 23 was canceled.

This is one of the nicer wide receivers classes I've seen at Arkansas the past few years. Missing out on Burnside was tough, but it was always going to be hard to pull him out of Mississippi.

The coaching staff replaced his spot with an even better receiver in Bethel-Roman, who is the third-highest rated recruit in the class so far.

We might see them target one or two more depending on how the season goes, but it's not a huge need for the Hogs right now.

Tight End​

Tight End
Decker DeGraafGlendora, CaliforniaCommitted to Washington

Arkansas missed out on Decker DeGraaf after he committed to Washington following his official visit there the last weekend before the dead period.

At this point I don't see the Hogs on anyone at the moment. Given the youth of the tight end room, along with the fact the coaching staff brought in a total of four tight ends after the end of the 2022 season — all of which who have multiple years of eligibility – Morgan Turner is in a pretty good situation.

The Hogs are probably okay to slow-play the position and either take someone from the portal after the 2023 season or identify another high school target closer to the end of the year.

Offensive line​

Offensive Line
NameCity/StateStatus
Kobe BranhamFort Smith, ArkansasCommitted
Zuri MadisonLexington, KentuckyCommitted
Fletcher WestphalLeesburg, VirginiaUncommitted
Markel BellHolmes CCUncommitted
Jac'Qawn McRoyPinson, AlabamaCommitted to Oregon

Arkansas finally broke through and got two offensive line commitments in the last week, with Kobe Branham and Zuri Madison jumping on board in consecutive days.

Two out of three ain't bad. Arkansas whiffed on Jac'Qawn McRoy, who chose Oregon over Arkansas and others. I'm leaving him on the list though because it's not over for Arkansas here. The staff still intends to pursue him and work for a flip before signing day in December.

A new addition to the list is Markel Bell, a JUCO product from Mississippi. He's listed by Rivals in the class of 2023 but said he's planning on going through the 2023 season in the junior college ranks before deciding on a school, so he'll count towards the class of 2024.

Bell's got offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and others.

I haven't seen much movement with Westphal in the last week, but I am leaning towards either Georgia or Clemson for his commitment at the moment, which he is set to make on July 10.

Reactions: cfcjr50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News